DIY Filter Flash Adaptor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChongK

Nov 15, 2007
West Side
Hi all,

Want to share with you guys on a DIY Filter Flash Adaptor that would fit any flash lights.
Credits goes to this Website: http://lightingmods.blogspot.com/2007/07/diy-lee-filters-flash-adapter_08.html

After making one on my own,i've found out that it does work well so far and it suits any flash light that you have be it small or big. I think this thread would be useful for strobist and those who wants to experience new lighting colours.

What I've used are all recycled materials,you can see that the Filter Adaptor is made from a chocolate box and the filter is actually cellophane(only have yellow colour).

Here is my work:

1.This is the complete work of the DIY Filter Flash Adaptor(sorry for the crumpled cellophane paper:cry:)
DSC_0335.jpg

2.This is the DIY Filter Flash Adaptor mounted onto the flash head(Nissin Di622),about the same size as the canon 580exll.
DSC_0334.jpg

3.Image of the off-shoe flash fired.
DSC_0329.jpg

4.Image of yellow cast on the table
DSC_0328.jpg

Hope you guys would find this thread useful, and have fun making your own DIY Filter Flash Adaptor.

thanks for the diy tips.

for me, i just cut those transparent color clear folder into the shape and size of the flash head. to mount them, just insert it into the face of the flash.:bsmilie::bsmilie:

Nice, clear folders! i was thinking abt that too but could not find any at home. did you buy many colours?ahha share share leh,but one folder and cut abit waste haha :bsmilie:

Nice, clear folders! i was thinking abt that too but could not find any at home. did you buy many colours?ahha share share leh,but one folder and cut abit waste haha :bsmilie:

:bsmilie::bsmilie: i pick up those people throw away, garang guni man. still have plenty, yellow, blue, green, now still missing red. u want?

convinient for me since i using 540ez and 550ex, both same size. so cut one fits both.

:bsmilie::bsmilie: i pick up those people throw away, garang guni man. still have plenty, yellow, blue, green, now still missing red. u want?

convinient for me since i using 540ez and 550ex, both same size. so cut one fits both.

Poor karang guni man. No more stocks for him liao. Dennis kope all! :bsmilie:

Haahah garang guni man :bsmilie::bsmilie: hmmm i think i must start my own rag-and-bone bussniess. haha you still have plenty,you pick up how many?mail me some?lol :bsmilie:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.