DIY Camera Bag (my old Porter)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubber_Duck

May 26, 2004
nippon
www.flickr.com
Hi all CS member....

Thanks for all the advices you had given to me...
I been looking for a shoulder bag for putting my DSLR and Lens......
So far no luck....or I would said So far have not found the one like the best...

anyway I would like to thanks calebk, adamadam,egnaro,dOlBy,Old Man Lee,Niveus and etc....

So i decided to DIY my own camera using my existing porter shoulder bag...
Actually I use it for my work...and my work is got nothings to do with my hobby...:bsmilie:

1) I got myself a insert...is a very simple one...
69906695pi8.jpg

2) Here are all my stuffs, lens, charge and etc....
49599576vu3.jpg

3) This is my office bag use it for my work....sometime carry my notebook back home to work.....The insert fit into my shoulder bag..Is a bit tight....but still able to go in...
97101331ul2.jpg

4 ) Put all my stuffs inside....front 2 pockets I one for my blower and their one for my charger and cleaning kit (Lens pen and cleaning solution)
33587273bm4.jpg

5) OK.. finally is all in.... For my 10-22mm lens hood is too big... so I just take out from the lens and put it beside...
87334146qm0.jpg

6) My bag look a bit tight... I think should be OK....Just let him get use to the size...
may be later will expand....
18824641kf2.jpg

7) Here is the side view... beside the bag there are 2 side pocket...dont have not much
and can put something easy....
15678758hf6.jpg

8) Oh ya... I forgot inside still have 2 more pockets... so I still able to put some other stuffs.
17624128jm2.jpg

Sorry for the poor images...
using my sony PNS....

Total damage only the insert cost me abt $12.
Porter bag... is recycle.... so is still ok... when going to work pull out the insert and go to work

nice!
where u got those insert?

i like ur porter bag... any idea how much cheaper is porter bag in tokyo in term of %?

i like ur porter bag... any idea how much cheaper is porter bag in tokyo in term of %?

Thanks..!!!
I got my porter bag in tokyo.
But I think SG is also selling porter bag. I think the price is not much diff....
maybe you can drop by at their shop in wisma...(Hope the shop is still there)

OMG, this is really cool!

Thanks...!!!

I'm personally a porter yoshida fan.. ;) and i've been feeling very frustrated when i want to get its stuff..i used to buy in HK when i go back..until I come across this website..

http://www.ace-company.net/~coolcat/catalog/index_series.php

I've done sufficient research to ensure it's a trustworthy online store before making my purchase..and i'm very very happy with its service..

It reached my door step 2 days after i made my payment in good packaging..

it happened the same to my friend too.

Price wise, it's the official japan price less the local tax plus delivery charge.. so it's reasonable..

btw..if i'm not wrong, the shop in wisma sells "International porter"..they are some how related.. the logo has a man in the centre..I remember reading somewhere that many years ago, the International Porter manufacturer (Taiwan based) manufactured for Porter Yoshida, and after some time they came out with their own line of product calling it International Porter.. don't know how true it is, but quality and design wise i personally prefer the Porter Yoshida..

Hope this helps =)

I also tried to DIY such a bag some time ago but did not manage to find the inserts.. :cry:

Last edited:
anyone know where to get the insert over here? or how we can get/make them?

I'm personally a porter yoshida fan.. ;) and i've been feeling very frustrated when i want to get its stuff..i used to buy in HK when i go back..until I come across this website..

http://www.ace-company.net/~coolcat/catalog/index_series.php

I've done sufficient research to ensure it's a trustworthy online store before making my purchase..and i'm very very happy with its service..

It reached my door step 2 days after i made my payment in good packaging..

it happened the same to my friend too.

Price wise, it's the official japan price less the local tax plus delivery charge.. so it's reasonable..

btw..if i'm not wrong, the shop in wisma sells "International porter"..they are some how related.. the logo has a man in the centre..I remember reading somewhere that many years ago, the International Porter manufacturer (Taiwan based) manufactured for Porter Yoshida, and after some time they came out with their own line of product calling it International Porter.. don't know how true it is, but quality and design wise i personally prefer the Porter Yoshida..

Hope this helps =)

I also tried to DIY such a bag some time ago but did not manage to find the inserts.. :cry:

Oh... Thanks for the information and website...
Wasn't aware of there is international Porter at all....

from what I understand porter there is many models...

Status
Not open for further replies.