DIY Bounce card

Status
Not open for further replies.

haffendy

Mar 20, 2006
Hi! will all the pro's in the house teach me how to make bounce card(DIY).:embrass:

Hi,

Me no pro but i bought a piece of white acrylic sheet which is easily available in hardware stores. Use a coping saw to saw the acrylic according to your dimension. U can use velco or rubberband to hold the bounce card to your flash...

Hope this info can help u.... :)

how about using 4r size photo paper? will it work?

Yup, yup, I got many photo paper, if that is good, then no need to spend money :bsmilie:

haffendy said:
how about using 4r size photo paper? will it work?

i did one using 4r size photo paper, stick onto an unwanted mousepad using double sided tape.

dual purpose... the white side serves as a bounce card... the black side serves as a black surface to use when taking fireworks on bulb mode.. haha....

rOnGrEn said:
i did one using 4r size photo paper, stick onto an unwanted mousepad using double sided tape.

dual purpose... the white side serves as a bounce card... the black side serves as a black surface to use when taking fireworks on bulb mode.. haha....

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: creative thinking

i actually have a template of a bounce card i made in photoshop cs2 (in psd format). i'll post the jpeg/psd if anyone ones em..

use white pvc sheet

size about 6x7

OT a bit, I "love" it when my friends wonder why do I use a piece of white plastic on my flash...then I can tell them "oh, this cost $200 and it multiplies the light output." Then I'll enjoy the stunned expression on them.

Basically any material that is white in colour and is hardy is suitable to be used as a bounce card. Coupled with a few rubber bands or Velcro (more elegant solution), and there you have it! If you are creative enough, you could even line one side with aluminium foil or golden foil to increase the ratio of light that is bounced back.

Halo, when u r using 4R photo paper, did u laminate it? Also hv u cut into smaller piece than 4r? Thanks for the advice : )

OT a bit, I "love" it when my friends wonder why do I use a piece of white plastic on my flash...then I can tell them "oh, this cost $200 and it multiplies the light output." Then I'll enjoy the stunned expression on them.

haha!! you are not the only one. :bsmilie:

Halo, when u r using 4R photo paper, did u laminate it? Also hv u cut into smaller piece than 4r? Thanks for the advice : )

Nope, one should use the matte side. Lamination makes the flash harsher. You want a soft slightly diffused light bouncing forward.

I use a very simple bounce card. I use the plastic bag which is transparent on one side and silver on the other side. (actually the bag that contain my apple mini DVI to VGA adaptor).

Just tape the openings of the bag over the stofen omibounce and i have the best bounce card. some says it even make my flash weather proof..:lovegrin:

I use a very simple bounce card. I use the plastic bag which is transparent on one side and silver on the other side. (actually the bag that contain my apple mini DVI to VGA adaptor).

Just tape the openings of the bag over the stofen omibounce and i have the best bounce card. some says it even make my flash weather proof..:lovegrin:

GOOD idea! :D But the size isn't too big right? What I know is the bigger the card (Within limits of course), the softer the diffusion. :think:

for DIY bounce card, you can make a few sizes, since is so cheap.

a 4R size is good for general use.

use a smaller one if you have a low ceiling.

a bigger one is good for more open areas.

matte white is preferable.

Status
Not open for further replies.