DIY bounce card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swatch

Oct 28, 2005
Highlander
Did a search on the forum and found that many ppl here made their own bounce cards...Can anyone post some pics of their DIY bounce cards as I dont know what it looks like:sweat: and how to make it... TIA :p

Just cut a piece of white cardboard, size is up to you. use rubber band or velcro to stick it to your flash.

Sorry,but I cant really visualise:sweatsm: ,and a pic will really help...

Swatch said:
Sorry,but I cant really visualise:sweatsm: ,and a pic will really help...

There is a thread: "The best bounce device" where you see a picture of a DIY bounce card attached to a Metz MZ32
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=17456&page=4

The size of your card will depend on the size of your flash unit. Use thick robust card either paper or any other suitable material. Velco will be useful for attaching the card to the flash unit.

Enjoy designing one for yourself. Make a few for spares or for give away to fellow photographers you know. Cheers! :)

-----------------------------------
Progress can only be more enjoyable
when it comes with sincerity and appreciation
for the harmony between colleagues in the
various department, resources and environment.
Likewise it is the same with a photography forum.

forward said:
Use thick robust card either paper or any other suitable material.

I used to cut boxes of VHS tapes, flip the other side, and use that as bounce card. Now I use white FedEx envelopes instead since I already used all my VHS boxes.

The flash that i have is those that cannot turn,so how? :dunno:
IMG_5894.jpg

IMG_5893.jpg

You know the white boards used to paste the advertisements? You can see lot's of them during this Christmas period. I got it from the Big Book Shop for slightly over four dollars. The size is about one meter by half a meter.

Have fun cutting it up.:thumbsup:

:bsmilie: haha, cannot turn then no need bounce card lor!

Buy Nikon SB-800. It have integrated/internal white bounce card.

Regards,
Arto.

Swatch said:
Whats diffusing?

When you diffuse flash, you spread out the light over a larger area so that it becomes less intense. To diffuse your flash, you can cover it with some wax paper to see the effect, though you'll be cutting its effective range.

Its not as effective as bouncing since the light still comes from a direct point source, but it reduces the "hotspots" you see on subjects' faces.

If you still would like to know, I cut foolscap paper (extras after exams) into rectangular shape with the width slightly longer than my flash. I then laminate this paper and attach a velcro strip to both the flash and now laminated paper (the soft side of velcro to my flash). After that, voila!

Status
Not open for further replies.