Diva-Miss Singapore Universe 2010 finalists

ovaltinemilo

Sep 12, 2009
Sin jia Po lah
you can check out the finalists here:
http://divaasia.com/media_photo/9191#photoDisplayDiv

38456.jpg
:dunno:

Here are the finalists...hmmm...I am sharing this because personally I feel the pose of models and the lighting for the shots are really.... bad! If this is some kind of "new technique", I hope some1 can point out to me...if not, I think the "shadow on the face" for most shots really don't and never work for me...

Personally, I think many bros in the "Portraits and Poses" section do a better job than this...
what do you guys think?
*PS: I don't know who the PG is and I don't intend to name him/her...just commenting on the photos solely:)

my first reaction is - she is one of the finalists???

the photo says it all - the spotlight has missed her completely.

Truth be told, sometimes, the photographer only follows orders and has little or no say in these affairs. :sweat:

my first reaction is - she is one of the finalists???

the photo says it all - the spotlight has missed her completely.

judging from the shots, there's only the spot light in middle...seems like no reflector was used...coz if the model missed the circumference where the light spot is, she will be underexposed... and many shots are like that...and the one that I posted particularly "enhanced" the finalist's eyebag/eyeshadow...quite power sia...;(

Truth be told, sometimes, the photographer only follows orders and has little or no say in these affairs.

maybe tt's the prob...but if the organizer who instructed the pg really thot these shots were fine...then he is super blind...look at these:
38466.jpg

look at the icy rock-like hands....

38451.jpg

sexy gone bad...constipation more like it...

38462.jpg

shadow on her leg made me mistook her leg as hairy when without my glasses:sweat:

38453.jpg

to me, she looks one of the prettiest...but the shadow! spoils big time! This kind really disappoint the viewer...aiyo....brought her potential down so much!

spot light seem to intentionally be pointing off centre... wierd

how come singapore never admit foreign talent to represent Ms Singapore hah.

They are pro photographer making $$ out of this shoot. but come back again, even if its not very well execute. They still get paid. So LL lor. Anyway , the organizer should reflect on the standard of the model. Seem like its going down. Maybe we should import "foreign talent" ....

spot light seem to intentionally be pointing off centre... wierd

how come singapore never admit foreign talent to represent Ms Singapore hah.

which foreign talent you referring to??? those at Gaylang?

Sorry to hi-jack. The setting of using grilled background looked so familiar with one of the shoots I attended with a local photoshoot organizer. Maybe the organizer of the above Ms Universe shoot draw inspiration from the same photoshoot :) But the texture of the grilled design used is very distracting with the reflection and the uneven lines.

OT, Miss USA is won by someone with Arab origins. Maybe it's time to open doors to Egypt, Palestine, Agfanistan, Lebanon, Kazakstan, Uzbekistan babes. Hopefully sometime in future, someone in Singapore will start looking like a beauty queen. The men in Sin need to spread their seeds beyond the Asian shores. :)

4412108220_7e630d4fe7.jpg

3980657230_93bd11fa63.jpg

Last edited:
maybe tt's the prob...but if the organizer who instructed the pg really thot these shots were fine...then he is super blind...look at these:
38466.jpg

look at the icy rock-like hands....

I'll addon...look where is the shadow?

38451.jpg

sexy gone bad...constipation more like it...

what kind of pose is this? eeek, I stepped on dung or dog pee-ing? Checkout the expression

38462.jpg

shadow on her leg made me mistook her leg as hairy when without my glasses:sweat:

her feet and hand got clipped off. Checkout the beehive on her head. Also checkout the expression

38453.jpg

to me, she looks one of the prettiest...but the shadow! spoils big time! This kind really disappoint the viewer...aiyo....brought her potential down so much!

I got nothing much to add on to this one except that the lighting does enhance the 33" bustline. But the photo just look weird with uneven exposure. Maybe a black and white might do for this one.

------------------
I just have to say the background sucks. So does the wardrobe and the hair stylist. What does brown, earthy and flora tones have anything to do with cold hard metallic grills? These girls are also quite tall. How come I don't get that feeling with these photos? Also, they seemed to be sharing clothes. Must be a really low budget Ms Universe photoshoot.

Last edited:
ManWearPants! Bro, i really nv noticed until you pointed out that they shared clothes.. My, tt really tells the budget the organizer hv after being taken off mainstream tv... No one wants to watch standard like this! Anyway, my vote goes to tt 33'' bust babe for sure! :D

Singapore Universe photography is by Vincent Chan

Wizards of light.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=10669476898#!/video/video.php?v=419915273244&oid=10669476898

Not so wizardly after all. It doesn't take a photographer to see that the photos...to say it nicely...strangely taken.

Me newbie....still learning here and there.After viewing those pics..I feel that the photography koyak lah. Press shutter timing also salah. Any how hamtam.That kind of expression pg also go and press shutter.Digital photography no need flim right .. thats why. Wah lao... common sense . Beauty pageant must show what ? Make the contestants look more feminine, elegant , mei mei etc. See the way DI artist vignetting those pics ... sigh.. Kana the face liao. Or Or like chao Ta. Flat, dark cast, grey cast, clarity any how increase.
PG saying he's "trying new style". Hey cannot " try" hor. This 1 not TFCD ok. Is Miss Singapore Universe 2010 finalists. Oie...an zua ah ni kuan ? Dont bother my words. Coz Im siao lang.

Lao Bak Sai :cry:

Last edited: