distort


Status
Not open for further replies.

eikin

Senior Member
Apr 27, 2004
10,193
0
0
東京 Tokyo
#1


inside a metallic sink in a factory in Shanghai, took this last year while on a workshop, PSed for higher contrast to bring out the distorted reflection
 

foxtwo

Senior Member
Mar 11, 2004
2,523
0
36
singapore
#2
nice... wat are those little crystal bits at the lower right?
 

zaren

Moderator
Staff member
Oct 27, 2003
10,975
33
48
#3
superb shot.... :thumbsup:
 

catchlights

Moderator
Staff member
Sep 27, 2004
21,903
46
48
Punggol, Singapore
www.foto-u.com
#5
foxtwo said:
nice... wat are those little crystal bits at the lower right?
this is a sink, so that one is water droplets loh. :bsmilie:


Hi eikin,
This shot nice, :thumbsup:

Btw, your test04 and test09 very nice, you have got it right liao, now I must come and learn from you. :bsmilie: :bsmilie:
 

eikin

Senior Member
Apr 27, 2004
10,193
0
0
東京 Tokyo
#6
foxtwo said:
nice... wat are those little crystal bits at the lower right?
yup, those are water droplets

renegade said:
Should be water drops.

Great shot. Love the metallic feel.
thanks, the metal sink was slightly dusty also, which i thought brought out the industrial feel, if too clean it'll make the picture feel sanitized

zaren said:
superb shot....
thanks zaren! always enjoyed your streetshots, i have less luck trying to shoot like you for streetshots, must learn from you someday.

catchlights said:
this is a sink, so that one is water droplets loh.


Hi eikin,
This shot nice,

Btw, your test04 and test09 very nice, you have got it right liao, now I must come and learn from you.
thanks man! especially when this comes from you, hehe, boost my confidence ... you are so much more experienced, more like i learn from you lor!

btw since you mentioned ... hehe, here are the 'test04' and 'test09' catchlights was talking about, 2 smoke shots inspired by vonvonz, but nothing near her standard (that's why don't dare to post new thread) ... but just to share, and hopefully i get more pointers to perfect the shots ...






test04 - Running Maiden









test09 - untitled





these are shot at home with my CP4500 and many thanks to catchlights for the blue velvet ... the only light source came from the built in flash (apparently not that good to use for smoke) focusing done at manual macro mode to reduce the background colour as much as possible since no black background (now this is abit tricky, i think this works for CP4500 only) both shot at speed 1/2000 and f8 and above ... still trying different PS methods to get cleaner images as well and filling in the colours

ADD: hey, catchlights, thanks for letting me tag along for the wedding shoot also, learned alot from observing how you conduct the shooting, great experience :thumbsup:
 

eikin

Senior Member
Apr 27, 2004
10,193
0
0
東京 Tokyo
#8
catchlights said:
My visions are rusty liao, always amaze by the way you see things. :bigeyes: :bsmilie:
hehe, lubricate abit (come out to lim kopi with the few of us in punggol) and they'll be good as new ;) we're coming from different positions, you are in the line while i am just an outsider, i know how the job can get really banal after a while since i am in the 'creative industry' as well ... in fact looking at your recent bushfire coverage you aren't rusty what! and of course i am looking forward to your IR shots ;p ooops, did i leak some secrets?

OT err... forgot to return you the flash after the wedding shot, when you free? can PM/SMS me, maybe can meet up for kopi with the rest also one of the nights (kopi sessions seem to get more and more frequent ... something is brewing ... :bsmilie: )
 

catchlights

Moderator
Staff member
Sep 27, 2004
21,903
46
48
Punggol, Singapore
www.foto-u.com
#11
lim kopi? Sound great to me, but sometime very hard to sneak out the house leh. :embrass:

My IR shots? Still have not post processing it leh. Wait while can? Hehe.

BTW, if you don’t tell us it is a sink, I also won’t know what’ it is. Hey people, next time you’ll see many people taking pictures in a public toilet liao, :bsmilie: we already have a Sunrise Long Kang Shoot, so what’s next? How 'bout a close up shoot of Blk 198 coffeeshop toilet? :ipuke:
 

eikin

Senior Member
Apr 27, 2004
10,193
0
0
東京 Tokyo
#12
catchlights said:
lim kopi? Sound great to me, but sometime very hard to sneak out the house leh. :embrass:

My IR shots? Still have not post processing it leh. Wait while can? Hehe.

BTW, if you don’t tell us it is a sink, I also won’t know what’ it is. Hey people, next time you’ll see many people taking pictures in a public toilet liao, :bsmilie: we already have a Sunrise Long Kang Shoot, so what’s next? How 'bout a close up shoot of Blk 198 coffeeshop toilet? :ipuke:
errr ... haven't noticed nice sink with nice reflection in public toilets in Singapore to take a picture of yet ... blk 198 coffeeshop toilet? can, do a super high contrast one so that no one knows what are the brownish stuff in the photo :ipuke: ... btw i am still thinking about large scale light painting, one of the days must sit down with you all, the experts and masters, to discuss
 

ortega

Moderator
Staff member
Nov 2, 2004
23,699
10
38
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
#13
Nice shot eikin, I like it!
I also like the runing maiden, but next time try more DOF to keep it sharp.
BTW your area must have no more insects left.
 

zaren

Moderator
Staff member
Oct 27, 2003
10,975
33
48
#15
yeah...must learn how to shoot abstracts from u eikin.... :cool:
 

knoxknocks

Moderator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2004
3,935
0
0
lalaland
www.tinydotphotography.com
#16
Personally, I'm not sure what the subject with so many components in the image, and I find my eye wandering around and parking at the reflective stopper. Is that the intention?

But I really like the running maiden...wah :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 

eikin

Senior Member
Apr 27, 2004
10,193
0
0
東京 Tokyo
#17
ortega said:
Nice shot eikin, I like it!
I also like the runing maiden, but next time try more DOF to keep it sharp.
BTW your area must have no more insects left.
hey, thanks! yah lor, i also think not enough DOF, i think it'll be impossible to get this form anymore, there goes my 'maiden' :bsmilie: looking forward to seeing you shoot in studio this sunday, want to try smoke as well? maybe can use to add atmosphere also, hahaha ... keep the studio pest free also!

Splutter said:
Nice shot! Your always finding unique angles
Somehow I find the shot very alieny and sci-fi
thanks! hmmm ... recently places around my area got very surreal subjects to shoot ... nice idea, i see what i can get ;)

zaren said:
yeah...must learn how to shoot abstracts from u eikin....
haha, abstract? simple, you first need a complex personality that likes to take shots inside toilet ... :bsmilie: just joking lah, i always go for reflections and curves, Splutter can testify this, hehe

knoxknocks said:
Personally, I'm not sure what the subject with so many components in the image, and I find my eye wandering around and parking at the reflective stopper. Is that the intention?

But I really like the running maiden...wah
thanks! yah, i was focussing on the metallic stopper, decided to include the curved reflection above it to avoid the stopper from becoming the sole overpowering object in the composition, and include more secondary elements to keep the viewer's eye within the frame

glad you like my maiden, hehe, but she ran away liao :(
 

yqt

Senior Member
Sep 8, 2004
1,750
0
36
East of Singapore
#18
eikin, wah lau, lucky you're not studying photography, if not I "tun bo ciat", I'll pray you find a job outside of photography OK? BTW love your running madien shots. I wanted to do some shots on smokes also but now I think I'll try something else ;p

catchlights, you ask eikin go wedding shoot with you but never ask me to carry your bag :cry: , never mind, next time I'll carry eikin's bag
 

eikin

Senior Member
Apr 27, 2004
10,193
0
0
東京 Tokyo
#19
yqt said:
eikin, wah lau, lucky you're not studying photography, if not I "tun bo ciat", I'll pray you find a job outside of photography OK? BTW love your running madien shots. I wanted to do some shots on smokes also but now I think I'll try something else ;p
haha, thanks! no lah, where got tun bo ciat? your studio so big and you so much experience, customers will come to you automatically one lah ;p

yqt said:
catchlights, you ask eikin go wedding shoot with you but never ask me to carry your bag :cry: , never mind, next time I'll carry eikin's bag
errr ... no need to help me carry bag, lend me your toys can liao ;p aiyah, please lah, saturday's shoot first time do wedding, and first time shoot so intensively on film and flash, confirm alot of crap shots one :(
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom