Not open for further replies.

catchlights

Staff member
Sep 27, 2004
Punggol, Singapore
www.foto-u.com
I receive this email today.

Dear Benjamin,
You were recently chosen as a potential candidate to represent your professional community in the 2010/2011 Edition of Distinguished Professionals Online.
We are please to inform you that your candidacy was formally approved March 15th, 2010. Congratulations.
The Publishing Committee selected you as a potential candidate based not only upon your current standing, but focusing as well on criteria from executive and professional directories, associations, and trade journals. Given your background, the Director believes your profile makes a fitting addition to our publication and our online network.
There is no fee nor obligation to be listed. As we are working off of secondary sources, we must receive verification from you that your profile is accurate. After receiving verification, we will validate your online listing within 7 business days.
Once finalized, your listing will share prominent registry space with thousands of fellow accomplished individuals across the globe, each representing accomplishment within their own geographical area.
To verify your profile and accept the candidacy, please visit here. Our registration deadline for this year's candidates is April 25th, 2010. To ensure you are included, we must receive your verification on or before this date. On behalf of our Committee I salute your achievement and welcome you to our association.
Sincerely,
Robert Patterson
Vice President, Research Division
after a little Google search, I decided to ignore this email. :)

I :heart: Google

Guess they are starting to run out of idea and there are a lot of photographer and so call photographers out there...

Good one I must admit.

Hart

Yo Ben,

We all know you are distinguished can already. No need some stupid online directory to do it for you. :bsmilie:

Good thing you avoided the scam. :thumbsup:

Yo Ben,

We all know you are distinguished can already. No need some stupid online directory to do it for you. :bsmilie:

Good thing you avoided the scam. :thumbsup:

ya man... as long u are been distinguished in CS is more than enough!...:thumbsup:

My wife received the same email too few days ago!

Wait.. wait!! I can offer you Indistinguished Super-Professionals Offline for free. Yes, you can sign up now. But of course, to sign up, you must first pay registration fee of $39.99. And after that we have a nominal admin fee of only $49.99. We can also offer you the life-time Indistinguishable Super-Network ONLINE that's worth $899... now for a special price of only $69.99! And all this comes free with your very own Nikkor 24mm f1.4 lens! To take advantage of this offer, all you have to do is...

blah.

blah.

blah.

Cut the story short. Pls send $899 to my account at 123-456789-0. Dan kew berry muchie. No need to jiang hua yue even (those days of cold calls from China people is so passe).

Status
Not open for further replies.