Disppointment with Olympus Singapore

Status
Not open for further replies.

yzr500abe

Mar 19, 2005
Was pretty disappointed today by Olympus Singapore's 'great' service.

I was collecting my UW housing for C7070WZ today as i sent it in almost 2 weeks ago for complains.

Olympus was recommending me to buy a new housing despite the complain was on suspected manufacture defect which they did not acknowledge.

My long story is on another thread http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?p=1769406#post1769406

Pics uploaded on http://www.flickr.com/photos/15393761@N00/sets/1712011/

Equally disappointing.

Oly Japan advised me to send the housing to japan for check which i will have to foot the shipping cost for at least 1 way depending on findings.

There was no assurance on whether repair is possibe or replacement will be made if not repairable.

I reckon that it's not really worth the trouble sending the housing over...what if i get another set of disppointment?

the risk factor is always there, whether u like it or not. if Oly sg can't give u a good reasonable service, then i guess going to Oly jp is the next best option. from my past experience with Sony walkman (not related to cameras at all), i think jp will give u a more satisfactory answer. :)

what i did back then was sent a detail letter stating where & when was the product purchased (a copy of receipt if possible), what happen & how the service in sg can't give u a satisfactory answer. address this to the respective HOD. i m quite confidence u won't be disappointed.

:)

equally disappointed..

Olympus international promised upto 10yrs of after sales service and carrying of parts of their OM SLR system camera since they announced to end the production of the OM a few yr ago.

my request to OM singapore last yr to repair and service my OM4Ti was rejected on the ground that they no longer carry the camera and parts were not available.

disappointed and furious... i contacted the OM HQ office in Japan for the repair and service through the internet.. and thanks to the internet!!. The Japanese office so cordially accepted my request and contacted the Singapore office on my behalf to had my camera delivered to Japan via the Singapore office...!! end up i paid SG$ for the repair and service while thay bear the shipping cost.

i didnt bother to make any fuss with the Singapore OM office.... for those who own the OM DSLR perhaps, you might have be extra careful and think tiwce before committing to the bloody expensive E system.. for reason that OM Singapore office isnt as committed as it's far away Jap office.

Well..this shows how much we can depend on OLY singapore for good service.
Do other brands provide good service too? My next purchase i prob have to factor in "product support and service"

For my case, i rather purchase another housing maybe ikelite rather than give in to that crappy service of OLY. But for now hope the housing comes back fine after the repair.

Status
Not open for further replies.