disorder within order

Status
Not open for further replies.

andante

Jun 6, 2007
P1080566.jpg

Hello. I'd like to be critiqued on this shot. I wonder if the title actually fits the picture. This shot is taken underneath the Esplanade bridge.
I am trying to bring out the contrast between the disorderly arrangement of the lights and the orderly fashion of the bridge structure. Did that contrast seem obvious at a first glance?

Composition wise: would a tighter crop be better ?

Thanks in advance.

i dont feel anything disorderly about the lights. so cant feel the "luan zhong you xu".

Last edited:
I like it. Although the horizontal lines arent exactly disorderly cos they dont slant or "mess" up very much.

The contrast however of the picture is nice.

I don't think the slanting of the lights are really that significant to point out the contrast.

Without looking at the description, I think it resemble a star trek gateway. Haha

I don't know...the lights seem to be too distracting IMO.

May I suggest that it maybe worthwhile to think along these lines - that the 'disorder' was not intentional. The high contrast actually makes a person want to see more 'disorderliness' against the rigid concrete structure, so for me that seemed to place the tilted lights in a dilemma. My 2 cents worth (in 3rd world currency). :embrass: Lovely shot by the way. I like it.

Thank you all for the kind critic and comments.

While the picture on the whole makes my head spin and eyes strain quite a bit, i agree that there is alot of contrast in this picture.

- parallel lines at the bottom vs the slanted angles all around
- alternating dark and light regions
- the sharper focus at the bottom vs the blur around the top

Actually after the initial glance, where the lights jump out at me, i find my focus drawn/escaping to the lower third of the picture where focus is sharper and the eyes generally feel more comfortable (less strained).:cool: Would be great if someone or a cat happened to be pictured at around that location too.

I quite like this picture. Beautiful use of lines and shadows. Bravo.

i dunno about this pic.. but its not interesting enuff to even put it on a wallpaper.

i dunno about this pic.. but its not interesting enuff to even put it on a wallpaper.

Yes once again we find insensitivity in a forum. sigh*

Great job to the TS, i think the pic is sublime! Wish i could get shots like that man!

IMHO if the crest of the first arch was visible, that would frame the shot perfectly against the solid black at the bottom. Re-shoot?:think:

B&W tonal range is very pleasing and grain is nice.

i like the shot, but there isnt enough Disorder, or any obvious Order for the title to work.
but anw, nice shot.

Hi all, thank you all for the comments, certainly welcome that any time. I suppose photography is a form of art and appreciation of art is subjective. Anyway I'm seeing more likes than dislikes so far :bsmilie:
I have problems giving titles to my shots all the time, perhaps its my poor command of English.

Status
Not open for further replies.