disgusted by photographer at NDP preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

surge

Mar 17, 2002
north
Visit site
was at the NDP preview w my family on saturday. we were seated at the right end of the green sector which was pretty near to the center stage. when the show start not long, there was this lady photgraphy w a D40 on a velbon tripod( cant help it but notice what gears others are using.)i don thing she is official as she wasnt wearing any tag. then she moved right infront of us, planted her tripod and started shooting. being a photgraphy myself i thought nevermind let her get the shot and move on...she stood there taking and reviewing her shots and never even squad when not taking pictures! worst..after a few shots, she took out her handphone and starting talking on the phone while standing and blocking our view and the row of spectators in front of us...i couldnt help it but tap her shoulders and ask her to move away. she turned and move off. even if she is a official photographer she should have the courtesy to reduce the time blocking others. am writing this so that photgraphers out there please be consederate when you take pictures. dont let your pleasure be a pain in e ass for others

I'm surprise the organiser allows tripods. Usually in crowded places, they restrict usage to monopods as tripods can be a tripping hazard.

those people are everywhere. they will not bother unless they are ones being blocked. good example is the ladder gang already.

i will be at NDP next round, will look out for this lady photography using D40 and a tripod..

it's takes LOTUSFairy (oso a lady) to sniff out another lady photographer..:) :bsmilie:

Very common.

Sometimes when I'm taking photos some jokers plant their tripods right in front of me and just nochalantly snap away FOREVER like there's nobody else around, really quite du lan.

just use ur handphone and take some pics for us to share, thks.

next time i see her, i will ask her to SIAM...very loudly...:bsmilie:

aiyoh... u never take photo of her... aiyahhhhh...

:devil:

just tell her la... i guess sometimes ppl too much into it that they forget they blocking ppl...

but it would be best to take your shot and then move off....

u know what ? u are just too kind toward such people ... just a tap on the shoulder ? if i would u, i refer her to the police stating the reason that she is behaving suspiciously with her camera , phone and bag (potential terrorist threat).. remember that MRT advertisement ? arr... apply it. :sweatsm:

While i agree that the lady was in the wrong, your suggestion is disgusting. To use the threat of terrorism as an excuse while non exist is to tie up our police resources unnecesarily.

terrorism is serious issue la...dont pray pray

well.... sometimes pple get to engrossed taking pictures till they have forgotten that theres someone at the back.

if its a pretty lady, ask her nicely.

if its a not so pretty lady, give her push, take her equipment and run away. :sticktong:sticktong

well.... sometimes pple get to engrossed taking pictures till they have forgotten that theres someone at the back.

if its a pretty lady, ask her nicely.

if its a not so pretty lady, give her push, take her equipment and run away. :sticktong:sticktong

Pretty lady ? ask her for TFCD... :lovegrin:

join the crowd, i was working there i had my fair share of problems with the photogs.

join the crowd, i was working there i had my fair share of problems with the photogs.

do u think it is better to have some reserved areas for freelance DSLR photographers ? and make it a photo contest ?

this might be a good way to contain the movement of freelance photographers which might cause incovenience to the spectators.

next time, tap her shoulder...and when she turns around, snap snap :)
then tell her could you please move away.........sure will work..........

do u think it is better to have some reserved areas for freelance DSLR photographers ? and make it a photo contest ?

this might be a good way to contain the movement of freelance photographers which might cause incovenience to the spectators.

Then everyone will have almost the same images because they will be shot from the same angle.

next time, tap her shoulder...and when she turns around, snap snap :)
then tell her could you please move away.........sure will work..........

How about using her as part of the composition? ;p

How about using her as part of the composition? ;p

sure, but must have frontal view of her face.....then next step....STOMP it :bsmilie:

Such things do happen. I've seen it many many times. Imagine a whole row of photographers standing in front of the stage, elevated and higher than the spectators standing behind. Not a nice sight. Get get over it loh, nothing much can be done to solve such prob.

Status
Not open for further replies.