disgusted by photographer at NDP preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
well.... sometimes pple get to engrossed taking pictures till they have forgotten that theres someone at the back.

if its a pretty lady, ask her nicely.

if its a not so pretty lady, give her push, take her equipment and run away. :sticktong:sticktong

throw water at her...

actually, i believe the best way is to approach her and tell her right in the face.

unless she is really a 100% selfish monster... :sweat:

i saw her as i was there.
she belong to the red sits if i am not wrong,

my gf and i also bring tripods and setup there.
we reframe from standing and blocking as much as possible.

what we got out of it.
a lot of hands and heads. lol

an advice to ppl going to the NPD, go and enjoy the show, photography is not worth it while you are in there. enjoy the show. it is better for everyone.

i will be at NDP next round, will look out for this lady photography using D40 and a tripod..

it's takes LOTUSFairy (oso a lady) to sniff out another lady photographer..:) :bsmilie:

haha not so true.... i think male "photographers" have a stronger sense & instinct to sniff out a lady shooter :p

i will be at NDP next round, will look out for this lady photography using D40 and a tripod..

it's takes LOTUSFairy (oso a lady) to sniff out another lady photographer..:) :bsmilie:

And after that what would you do to her? :bsmilie:

Very common.

Sometimes when I'm taking photos some jokers plant their tripods right in front of me and just nochalantly snap away FOREVER like there's nobody else around, really quite du lan.

:bsmilie: "Kopitiam makes you du lan." ??

i saw her as i was there.
she belong to the red sits if i am not wrong,

my gf and i also bring tripods and setup there.
we reframe from standing and blocking as much as possible.

what we got out of it.
a lot of hands and heads. lol

an advice to ppl going to the NPD, go and enjoy the show, photography is not worth it while you are in there. enjoy the show. it is better for everyone.

seriously, is she a good looking photographer ? got looks but no brains... ?

:think:

use video cam next time...

And after that what would you do to her? :bsmilie:

maybe, i plant my big face at her camera, then she will move away immediately...
easy....guys, need help..call me..:bsmilie:

hmmm i experience be4 too ... haiz y ppl always don't take notice of their surroundings. one word, self-centered.... for me if i du lanz i will just snap snap away with their face in it, and go closer (stand next to them) and stare at them , then just continue to snap snap away @#$%

Say loudly to a friend near you so that she can hear,

"Hey ! I just spotted John Travolta in the audience up in the back row".

She will run up there with camera looking for him to photo :bsmilie:

i should have takjen her photo and post here...the part that really p***** me off is after taking photos...she just stood there using her hp! she must be thinking ppl thinking she is some stylo photographer...actually she is as good as a wooden plank blocking ppl view...and i thought only wooden plank had no brain.

whenever i cover any event, i always feel so paisai if i have to block someone for the shot. and always adjust everything ready-move in- snap snap- then lower my head so that they know i know i am blocking them then quickly move away.

another time was covering event during booksale. there was a competition and was taking photo of the winners. then this fella just step right in front of me w his super big reflector mounted on his flash and blocks everything...being the official photographer, i didnt care and just shove him away to get my shot...must go gym more often....hee

maybe, i plant my big face at her camera, then she will move away immediately...
easy....guys, need help..call me..:bsmilie:

Big face not scary enough....

PIG face more scary... bring a pig head along la.... lol............ :bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

Big face not scary enough....

PIG face more scary... bring a pig head along la.... lol............ :bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

when she is eyeing at the viewfinder then u should suddenly jump infront of her lens with sadhakho face.. confirm she will faint straight away..

aiyah, she also eager to take shots of the ndp mah, given the fact that she's using d40, maybe she just starting to pick up photography and wanted to try taking NDP and never realised she's blocking someone.

You can just tell her nicely that she had blocked your view, i'm sure any decent person would realised it and move away.

Do give pple a chance :sweat: You do not want to scare her off and next time, she's not so daring to set up a tripod just to get a good shot and we lose another photograher.

was at the NDP preview w my family on saturday. we were seated at the right end of the green sector which was pretty near to the center stage. when the show start not long, there was this lady photgraphy w a D40 on a velbon tripod( cant help it but notice what gears others are using.)i don thing she is official as she wasnt wearing any tag. then she moved right infront of us, planted her tripod and started shooting. being a photgraphy myself i thought nevermind let her get the shot and move on...she stood there taking and reviewing her shots and never even squad when not taking pictures! worst..after a few shots, she took out her handphone and starting talking on the phone while standing and blocking our view and the row of spectators in front of us...i couldnt help it but tap her shoulders and ask her to move away. she turned and move off. even if she is a official photographer she should have the courtesy to reduce the time blocking others. am writing this so that photgraphers out there please be consederate when you take pictures. dont let your pleasure be a pain in e ass for others

She is not a photographer. Photographer respects photographers. The moment they are done, they will move away for others. They are also mindful of the need of other photographers.

Maybe we should start a thread to lay down the dos and donts as a guide for all.

Yapp & happy

aiyah.. forgive and forget la... of cos its not nice to block others la.. but since the lady has moved off after being tapped on the shoulder so be it lo... as long as she did not get nasty or abusive after being told to give way can liao la.

She is not a photographer. Photographer respects photographers. The moment they are done, they will move away for others. They are also mindful of the need of other photographers.

Maybe we should start a thread to lay down the dos and donts as a guide for all.

Yapp & happy

Only one rule for photog out there. Before you shoot, take a moment and look behind you. If you are blocking someone, quickly move away.

Status
Not open for further replies.