disguising your camera..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Erm...Think I'm gonna print out a Leica logo and paste it on my FED, and c if any thief can spot the difference. Proberbly got wack by him for trying to deceive him.." U think I can't tell a Leica from a FED is it?!!!" Haha... :lovegrin:

kg_yew said:
Erm...Think I'm gonna print out a Leica logo and paste it on my FED, and c if any thief can spot the difference. Proberbly got wack by him for trying to deceive him.." U think I can't tell a Leica from a FED is it?!!!" Haha... :lovegrin:

haha..tat is a gd one....
but i m still wondering how people can gaffer the whole camera....
haha...later...gaffer all the buttons....n the LCD preview..to look like a low end film camera...then....cannot use...haha//

p4610yz said:
haha..tat is a gd one....
but i m still wondering how people can gaffer the whole camera....
haha...later...gaffer all the buttons....n the LCD preview..to look like a low end film camera...then....cannot use...haha//

There is a way to "gaffer" the whole camera and still get it to work. Of course easier if you have a simple camera like the Leica.

But to learn to "gaffer" the the whole camera, you have to attend a "gaffering" course! :bsmilie:

nickmak said:
See RossChang's 300D

Nearly all black! :bsmilie:

Inspiration from SniperD's 10D, tat's, what I call mummify... seeing his would be better than seeing mine... I just gaffer the gripping part so to get better grip on the 300D... :D

nightwolf75 said:
hahaha... i guess leicas are so famous, its hard to disguise it already lah.

me? i'm still trying to figure out how to gaffer my 300D properly. so far, i failed miserably twice...

A tip, get a piece of paper as a measurement, cut out and put on cam until the piece fits, then use the ppr as a blueprint to cut ur gaffer... :D:D works..

Okay, this is worth a shot.

For those who want their cameras mummified, can PM me, I'll charge $15 per camera that I mummify, but don't regret it after I mummify it, cos the $15 is not refundable. :bsmilie:

Every part that can be mummified WILL BE mummified. For those who've seen my works, you know ... :devil:

:bsmilie:

saifulbahar said:
Interesting discussion here. Soon I'm going up to India for 6 months and now I'm wondering how am I going to protect my 300D from being snatched. Think I may consider a prosumer (non DSLR) camera as a backup when travelling to some places then.

yoz brudder,

heheh.. just tape the silverish part and oso the grip oso.

Bring a small compact like ixus for off-shots or situation that you can't take your SLR out :)

or get rangefinder :) hehehehe....

SniperD said:
yoz brudder,

heheh.. just tape the silverish part and oso the grip oso.

Bring a small compact like ixus for off-shots or situation that you can't take your SLR out :)

or get rangefinder :) hehehehe....

Taping the silverish part? tat is like saying, tape the whole camera :eek:

RossChang said:
Taping the silverish part? tat is like saying, tape the whole camera :eek:

bingo... you just need to do it slowly.. can do one.... measure the area you want to cover and cut the shape out on the gaffer... at least that's what I did :)

SniperD said:
bingo... you just need to do it slowly.. can do one.... measure the area you want to cover and cut the shape out on the gaffer... at least that's what I did :)
Pass it to me, I'll do it for you :devil:

espn said:
Pass it to me, I'll do it for you :devil:

Hei Espn, organize a 'Gaffer ur Camera' course lar, sure u'll get good response... hahahaha...

Whenever I feel like playing with sticker... I'll gaffer another part of my camera... think tonight go back gaffer the pop up flash... :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

RossChang said:
Hei Espn, organize a 'Gaffer ur Camera' course lar, sure u'll get good response... hahahaha...

Whenever I feel like playing with sticker... I'll gaffer another part of my camera... think tonight go back gaffer the pop up flash... :bsmilie: :bsmilie:
Hurhur... it's a skill, many have seen & commented, let me know if you're seriously interested in gaffering up your camera, however, can only do so at the leisure of my home, so will need to bring the camera back, so unless you trust me, else... :)

You mean you never gaffer your flash? Aiyoh! This is not called GAFFERING LIAO! :devil:

espn said:
Hurhur... it's a skill, many have seen & commented, let me know if you're seriously interested in gaffering up your camera, however, can only do so at the leisure of my home, so will need to bring the camera back, so unless you trust me, else...

You mean you never gaffer your flash? Aiyoh! This is not called GAFFERING LIAO! :devil:

Nope not yet. like to take it slow :D :bsmilie: :devil:
mebbe I'll also gaffer the 300D logo and write a 20D there... :bsmilie:

espn said:
Hurhur... it's a skill, many have seen & commented, let me know if you're seriously interested in gaffering up your camera, however, can only do so at the leisure of my home, so will need to bring the camera back, so unless you trust me, else... :)

espn - serious ah? i dun mind. just let me know when?

nightwolf75 said:
espn - serious ah? i dun mind. just let me know when?
Let me know when you wanna pass your D70 to me for gaffering :)

espn said:
Let me know when you wanna pass your D70 to me for gaffering :)

:blah:

i'll need it on sat for a shoot. mebbe i drop u a line after dat to arrange for a meetup at funan again?

D70? dat will be my cousin. i'll let u gaffer her cam later.... :bsmilie:

I tried taping up my camera while on a trip recently and someone who had the same camera bothered to ask why i taped up the Nikon brand...and all I managed to do was to give him a lame answer...was a totally unexpected question.

I was closed to being robbed on 2 occasions even though I was not carrying my camera then. Guess they will rob you whether or not you hide your camera if they wanted to. And just a few days prior to that, I was secretly laughing at a lady who put her big SLR in a small red plastic bag, which made her look like she was carrying a bag of vegatables/fruits.

There are travel insurance that covers up to $1000 per item...sure beats $500 per item.

i also tape up the camera brand & the model. even my canon strap i removed the word 'canon'. Not that i m ashame of my gear, just like the look of everything in black with no wording on them. :cool:

Attach a jungle hat to your camera strap and sling it in front.Waterproof it and it can be a handy rainshield for your camera in light drizzle.

Status
Not open for further replies.