[Discussion] Photography service wanted to cover Baby shower event

fooj

Oct 27, 2004
Sengkang;Fernvale
www.foojphotography.com
Moderation note: This thread was created from the posts moved out from http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1612036

Please continue the discussion here :)

-------------------------------------------

Think you need to up your budget especially you are requesting editing of photos after downloaded all the pictures on the same day. I think the photographer has fulfil his role, editing wise you may need to pay him for his time spend to edit.

Last edited:
Hi , I am looking for Photographer to cover Baby Shower event near Tampines for 3 hours.

Date :
Time :
Budget : 100$ to 150$
detail service wanted : 1 Hour Photo session with-in Condo facility , 2 Hours indoor event coverage.Give back all RAW digital copy same day , later give back edited/retouched Photo copy after 1 or 2 weeks.

Technical expectation : Need to have profession DSLR or Mirror less system with good speedlite or strobe (for indoor ) , most importantly post processing skills.

Note : I have Cannon 5D M2 , decent tripod , with Sigma 24-105 F4 and few decent lens , yongnuo flash with 2 Trigger for canon .also one (light weight ) light stand with octagon 80CM soft box which you can use if you are willing.

freelancers and part time folks also welcome

so many requirements and you only paying $100 - $150

$100 - $150 per hour is the correct range!

you got your own gear, you want to save money ask your relative to shoot... save you the $100 - $150 already

just think about WHY ARE YOU HIRING A PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHER IN THE FIRST PLACE

Last edited:
Brother I suggest there is not need to spend any money take the $100 buy another trigger so you can remotely fire the camera - that way you can do it yourself for the family part. shoot wider and crop in post. See how you can save money and tell your friends and family you number one photographer.

Hi , I am looking for Photographer to cover Baby Shower event near Tampines for 3 hours.

Date :
Time :
Budget : 100$ to 150$
detail service wanted : 1 Hour Photo session with-in Condo facility , 2 Hours indoor event coverage.Give back all RAW digital copy same day , later give back edited/retouched Photo copy after 1 or 2 weeks.

Technical expectation : Need to have profession DSLR or Mirror less system with good speedlite or strobe (for indoor ) , most importantly post processing skills.

Note : I have Cannon 5D M2 , decent tripod , with Sigma 24-105 F4 and few decent lens , yongnuo flash with 2 Trigger for canon .also one (light weight ) light stand with octagon 80CM soft box which you can use if you are willing.

freelancers and part time folks also welcome

What you mean by professional DSLR or mirrorless? Seems like a lousy photographer will do as long as he carries a camera that looks big and scary!

You stated requirement for all the wrong reasons. You even trying to entice the responder to use your gear thinking a gear will produce good result without having the slightest thought one may need sometime to learn abt your equip. I shouldn't be telling you and let the responder fumble with it and eat into your time. You thinking by lending your gear can cut another $50?

I really feel like not commenting but can't help it. Too many cheapo trying their luck.

Last edited:
I understand there might still be photographers (be it newbie, students, or desperate for portfolio etc) interested in taking $150 3 hour job with many requirements.

But I'm damn curious which PROFESSIONAL photographer will return RAW?
Please update me if any photographer who took up your event and willing to return the RAW, ok? Just wanna kill my curiosity.

I understand there might still be photographers (be it newbie, students, or desperate for portfolio etc) interested in taking $150 3 hour job with many requirements.

But I'm damn curious which PROFESSIONAL photographer will return RAW?
Please update me if any photographer who took up your event and willing to return the RAW, ok? Just wanna kill my curiosity.

LOl, I'm also asking myself same question. Give back raw on same day? Means the photog must firstly owned a high end camera with 2 card slots. And photog edit using jpg? Tough job.

Last edited:
I am going to be absolutely blunt here. Someone will VERY LIKELY take on the job and the TS will VERY LIKELY post that here to rub it in that there are people who will still take on the job.

Why? Because some people won't understand and feel the pinch that proper professionals feel. And because people are willing to take on the job however ridiculous the fees and requests are, more of such requests will come in.

Can't say that anybody is to blame really. Ultimately we got to ask ourselves. Are we willing to pay a fair price for quality or not? If not, why should anyone else do so?

LOl, I'm also asking myself same question. Give back raw on same day? Means the photog must firstly owned a high end camera with 2 card slots. And photog edit using jpg? Tough job.

I'm laughing my ass off. This guy is either lazy or he's jus plain cheapo. Got gear means u can pay an amount that is That "much"? Some people try luck like an idiot. Be smart at least

since Ponraj thinks that professional gear means professional quality images then just shoot yourself, why bother to request for photographer from this forum ??? And no decent professional who have self respect for their profession will take up work with such budget. It's a mockery

since Ponraj thinks that professional gear means professional quality images then just shoot yourself, why bother to request for photographer from this forum ??? And no decent professional who have self respect for their profession will take up work with such budget. It's a mockery

would be funny to have a professional but doesn't even have his own camera at least 1.

Perhaps there can be a stickie in the services wanted section to set the right expectations on both end to prevent undercutting whether deliberate or innocent.

Perhaps there can be a stickie in the services wanted section to set the right expectations on both end to prevent undercutting whether deliberate or innocent.

There is. Dates back to 2013.

read this...

again.. despite repeated reminders, a lot of 'Help Wanted' ads try to skirt the rule of 'no-free-service' ads unless pre-approved by the Admins beforehand by deliberately not stating payment details and merely asking interested photographers to email interested parties involved.

hence, from now on, all 'Help Wanted' ads must carry payment details so that it is transparent for all readers. again, we cannot stop people who want to give their works away for free. but, as a general rule, CS is not condoning exploitation of photographers.

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1271352

yes saw that but how about putting indicative $? I know it depends on various factors, but something like a minimum base fee may help to set the right expectations on both sides?:)

This has been suggested many times in the past.

My personal guess is that I don't think CS is in a position to set any sort of indicative $ even if the Admins decided they wanted to.

First, CS is not a professional body.

Second, even if CS somehow became a professional body, actual professional bodies like the Singapore Medical Association have gotten into trouble with the Competition Commission of Singapore, and had to remove their fee guidelines after it was ruled anti-competitive under the Competition Act. Will need to apply for some sort of exemption for your industry before you can do so.

Anyway, 'services wanted' section is not the place for extended discussion, we are effectively bumping up TS's thread with each reply. I suggest we take the discussion out of this thread, will move the posts out to a separate thread.

This has been suggested many times in the past. My personal guess is that I don't think CS is in a position to set any sort of indicative $ even if the Admins decided they wanted to. First, CS is not a professional body. Second, even if CS somehow became a professional body, actual professional bodies like the Singapore Medical Association have gotten into trouble with the Competition Commission of Singapore, and had to remove their fee guidelines after it was ruled anti-competitive under the Competition Act. Will need to apply for some sort of exemption for your industry before you can do so. Anyway, 'services wanted' section is not the place for extended discussion, we are effectively bumping up TS's thread with each reply. I suggest we take the discussion out of this thread, will move the posts out to a separate thread.
ok, let's discuss in another thread. I think there should be a sustainable solution otherwise will be forever end up with these requests whether intentional or not, and then getting blasted.