[Discussion] Photographer for linkedin corporate pictures

G-man

Mar 2, 2006
My House
*mod's note: Discussion moved from the Services Wanted Thread at: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1623009

Hi, I would need to get corporate pictures done for my linkedin and work website. 2 corporate scenes (with examples): 1) pictures of me with plain background http://katiewagnersocialmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/LinkedIn-Header.png http://www.gotomortgages.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/typical-profile.jpg https://media.licdn.com/mpr/mpr/p/7/005/068/30b/2169ad6.jpg 2) others with blurred background http://sociallysorted.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Jesse-Jesdardins-LinkedIn-Profile.jpg https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/a2/f4/92/a2f4921b5992b535f9cd21744b25fe6e.jpg https://media.licdn.com/mpr/mpr/shrinknp_674_240/AAEAAQAAAAAAAAAiAAAAJDBjNzlmY2RjLWRmYzYtNDgwYy05MDI4LTIxMjU1ZGI1ZjQ0Nw.png Searching for a photographer who has done this before or even beginner with some good portfolio of other pictures. I don't need photo editing but only the raw/jpeg files as I will do basic photoshop editing myself (yes I'm hobby photographer!). You can use a studio or there's a chance to shoot in my office on saturday when it's quiet. My point is the lighting so you should have your gear to make nice and bright pictures with soft light. 1-2 hours for $100-$200 based on your job results, to be discussed based on your experience too. Pm me the following if you are interested. - name - portfolio - what you propose based on my requirements NB: I search for studios but they ask for ridiculous prices and restrictions to only get cropped jpeg. I know that I usually have to retouch myself afterwards so that's why I prefer to get a photographer. Cheers!

Since you are a hobbyist why not take this chance to take some self-portraits? Don't think any self respecting photographer will give out RAW files.

Last edited:
Hi,

I would need to get corporate pictures done for my linkedin and work website. 2 corporate scenes (with examples):
1) pictures of me with plain background
http://katiewagnersocialmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/LinkedIn-Header.png
http://www.gotomortgages.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/typical-profile.jpg
https://media.licdn.com/mpr/mpr/p/7/005/068/30b/2169ad6.jpg

2) others with blurred background
http://sociallysorted.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Jesse-Jesdardins-LinkedIn-Profile.jpg
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/a2/f4/92/a2f4921b5992b535f9cd21744b25fe6e.jpg
https://media.licdn.com/mpr/mpr/shr...2RjLWRmYzYtNDgwYy05MDI4LTIxMjU1ZGI1ZjQ0Nw.png

Searching for a photographer who has done this before or even beginner with some good portfolio of other pictures. I don't need photo editing but only the raw/jpeg files as I will do basic photoshop editing myself (yes I'm hobby photographer!). You can use a studio or there's a chance to shoot in my office on saturday when it's quiet. My point is the lighting so you should have your gear to make nice and bright pictures with soft light.

1-2 hours for $100-$200 based on your job results, to be discussed based on your experience too.

Pm me the following if you are interested.
- name
- portfolio
- what you propose based on my requirements

NB: I search for studios but they ask for ridiculous prices and restrictions to only get cropped jpeg. I know that I usually have to retouch myself afterwards so that's why I prefer to get a photographer.

Cheers!

like seriously people have got to respect REAL photographers more!

Just to put things in perspective, rental of a decent studio with lights for 2 hours already costs almost $100. If want to shoot on-site, photographer needs to bring in all their professional lighting gear and backdrops... and TS you want different kind of scenes, with different color backdrops, as well as environmental portraits... I count at least 3 backdrops/scenes/lighting setups. And we are not even talking transport costs here. $200 just ain't gonna cut it.

TS might want to consider going to photo studios that do passport photos. Perhaps there you can find rates more to your budget. But even those small photo labs do not give you any unedited files.

Usually I do not comment on Services Wanted, and let market forces decide. But this is just too plain "ridiculous" (using TS's own words), especially when TS is a hobbyist himself and should have some idea of the work involved.

Last edited:
$200 for corporate photo? With backdrop? With strobes? With 2 different settings? For TWO HOURS? With RAW file somemore.

OK now i know why this fella is a hobbyist.

Joke.

$200 for corporate photo? With backdrop? With strobes? With 2 different settings? For TWO HOURS? With RAW file somemore.

OK now i know why this fella is a hobbyist.

Joke.

3 settings at least.

Why are we so bitter about this?

What good do we make by just talking about this and it happen all the time?

Could any of you guys arrange some sort of info night for budding Photog or freelance Photog to educate them regularly?

In family and newborn photography industry, a lot of time have been given for the past 5-6 years in showing photographer what they can achieve, what is the real cost of doing a photography, etc and as a results, the general rates of these genre has been raised naturally. I do that through business sharing.

So what can you guys do?

I am happy to help...

Hart

I am happy to try since this seems to be opened to hobbyists job like me. I wish to master the art of cinematic portraiture and I would be happy if there are clients who are gracious to offer me an opportunity.

There's no harm learning and getting paid in the process, even if it means getting peanuts as rewards in the meantime. Just my opinion but yes, pls PM me.

Why are we so bitter about this?

What good do we make by just talking about this and it happen all the time?

Could any of you guys arrange some sort of info night for budding Photog or freelance Photog to educate them regularly?

In family and newborn photography industry, a lot of time have been given for the past 5-6 years in showing photographer what they can achieve, what is the real cost of doing a photography, etc and as a results, the general rates of these genre has been raised naturally. I do that through business sharing.

So what can you guys do?

I am happy to help...

Hart

Hart,

It is not about feeling bitter. It is about voicing out and letting fellow or budding photographers know. Catchlights has been actively and patiently replying and talking about cost of doing business, and like minded folk like yourself has also been doing business sharing. But educating the industry only works for those who actually read these past threads, or attended your sessions. We can only hope to touch those who actually came into contact with us. Many new photographers come and go, sometimes when something so ridiculous comes along, I can't help but comment to warn folks who read these services wanted ads.

Hart, It is not about feeling bitter. It is about voicing out and letting fellow or budding photographers know. Catchlights has been actively and patiently replying and talking about cost of doing business, and like minded folk like yourself has also been doing business sharing. But educating the industry only works for those who actually read these past threads, or attended your sessions. We can only hope to touch those who actually came into contact with us. Many new photographers come and go, sometimes when something so ridiculous comes along, I can't help but comment to warn folks who read these services wanted ads.

This is very true. We cannot afford to let the industry as a whole be ruined just because people dont believe in paying more. We cannot feel like we have to take jobs when people go 'oh but so and so photographer can do the job on a lesser quote'. It's extortion and wrong.

In western countries no one gives a **** if you cannot afford the rate. They won't bend just because another newbie photographer (or so claimed) come along and is none the wiser.

We just need to continue doing this. I sincerely believe the people posting ads here in Clubsnap KNOW there are a bunch of hobbyists who dont mind being suckered into being paid less. If not they'd have just posted elsewhere on Fb or Craigslist etc.

We need more unity on this. It's an ongoing thing.

Reactions: sjackal
I am happy to try since this seems to be opened to hobbyists job like me. I wish to master the art of cinematic portraiture and I would be happy if there are clients who are gracious to offer me an opportunity.

There's no harm learning and getting paid in the process, even if it means getting peanuts as rewards in the meantime. Just my opinion but yes, pls PM me.

Reported your post. You should not self advertise to promote bad practice on the very thread that spoke against bad practice.

Here we have a smart alec who declared himself as a cheapo and open for exploitation. I'm darn sure you can LEARN whatever art of portraiture with your FRIENDS right? Peanuts = reward?? omfg!! Naive has a whole new meaning!

Just my opinion but yes, pls DON'T INSULT PHOTOGRAPHY. Your camera deserved more respect than you.

Last edited:

When you get paid for a job, you have to deliver otherwise you will be responsible for the consequences of non-delivery.

I am happy to try since this seems to be opened to hobbyists job like me. I wish to master the art of cinematic portraiture and I would be happy if there are clients who are gracious to offer me an opportunity. There's no harm learning and getting paid in the process, even if it means getting peanuts as rewards in the meantime. Just my opinion but yes, pls PM me.

Eh help la wa lao.

Hi all, thanks for the advice and direct response. I am terribly sorry to those whom I might have offended by responding so openly and hurriedly to the lure of the money. I guess it just reveals how desperate I am also for the money without sparing a thought for the photography teachers that taught me. That was my initial understanding from a greenhorn's perspective that some kind of payments for services are kind of taken by novices while the higher paying offers that commensurate with higher risks that should be left to real experts. That was my initial understanding without any intention to offend anyone.

If again, I have said penned something wrong here again, I hope you can continue to educate me. You can flog me, but I am keen to learn the trade because I am really interested to become truly professional someday.

Once again, pls accept my apologies.

Hi all, thanks for the advice and direct response. I am terribly sorry to those whom I might have offended by responding so openly and hurriedly to the lure of the money. I guess it just reveals how desperate I am also for the money without sparing a thought for the photography teachers that taught me. That was my initial understanding from a greenhorn's perspective that some kind of payments for services are kind of taken by novices while the higher paying offers that commensurate with higher risks that should be left to real experts. That was my initial understanding without any intention to offend anyone.

If again, I have said penned something wrong here again, I hope you can continue to educate me. You can flog me, but I am keen to learn the trade because I am really interested to become truly professional someday.

Once again, pls accept my apologies.

Some of the guys here are a little harsh. But I really like your attitude and how you are taking it in stride.

Just remember one thing, taking a low paying job does not mean your responsibility is less. The client will still expect you to do a good job, as good as a high rate pro. Don't think for a second these clients are ready to accept sub-standard work. If you think you get to practise and still get a little money, I have news for you, these very clients will expect to know you stuff the moment you arrive, and may get very nasty to you if you are learning and testing on the way, and if you cannot deliver professional level work. There are other ways to practice, other ways to learn. Putting yourself in front of a firing squad is not the best way.

Here we have a smart alec who declared himself as a cheapo and open for exploitation. I'm darn sure you can LEARN whatever art of portraiture with your FRIENDS right? Peanuts = reward?? omfg!! Naive has a whole new meaning!

Just my opinion but yes, pls DON'T INSULT PHOTOGRAPHY. Your camera deserved more respect than you.

Many newbies do not understand the issues. While we understand you are very passionate about this subject, Please exercise some restraint in your choice of words as well as using caps, big sized and colored fonts. We can choose to help, explain, persuade, but going negative is not a good way to educate the industry.

Many newbies do not understand the issues. While we understand you are very passionate about this subject, Please exercise some restraint in your choice of words as well as using caps, big sized and colored fonts. We can choose to help, explain, persuade, but going negative is not a good way to educate the industry.

Daredevil123,

Pls accept my thanks!

Some of the guys here are a little harsh. But I really like your attitude and how you are taking it in stride. Just remember one thing, taking a low paying job does not mean your responsibility is less. The client will still expect you to do a good job, as good as a high rate pro. Don't think for a second these clients are ready to accept sub-standard work. If you think you get to practise and still get a little money, I have news for you, these very clients will expect to know you stuff the moment you arrive, and may get very nasty to you if you are learning and testing on the way, and if you cannot deliver professional level work. There are other ways to practice, other ways to learn. Putting yourself in front of a firing squad is not the best way.

Spot on. Dont quote less cos you want the job or you think its good for learning.