Discounted Petrol = Discounted Performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teo

May 17, 2002
Visit site
The recent petrol price war has caused many ppl rushing to top up their tank.
Personally I find that the efficiency for these "highly" discounted petrol burns faster than usual. In another words is that we are not saving at the end of day but may need to top up more petrol instead. It is only sales gimmicks I think.

Some friends I know had the similiar experience ...
Probably more hydrocarbon is added to the petrol to increase the faster burn rate..

Teo said:
The recent petrol price war has caused many ppl rushing to top up their tank.
Personally I find that the efficiency for these "highly" discounted petrol burns faster than usual. In another words is that we are not saving at the end of day but may need to top up more petrol instead. It is only sales gimmicks I think.

Some friends I know had the similiar experience ...
Probably more hydrocarbon is added to the petrol to increase the faster burn rate..

Don't think that would be quite probable. After all, if this is true, imagine the great stake here.

Hmmm. Come to think of it I do notice that my car is consuming more petrol than before. But I just ignore it thinking that I travel more but when doing a mileage count I can see that it is burning more fuel.

no relation at all.

its psychological.
cheap, so i burn more, thus use up more.

afiak, its till the same formula for the discounted petrol.

i still get the same FC, it has not decreased.

Actually i think i am paying about the same, i only get maybe less than 10 worth of discounts. :dunno:

Even with the discounts, the petrol prices are going up. :confused:

you should know that the speed of such discounts are like 1/2 hour lead time by the leader in a particular area. the followers in the same area will respond with discounts within hours. how to adulterate the petrol and risk their branding?

Aiyah, dont worry lah, I think Quality control wont suffer. After all, all these oil companies are large MNCs. They will not want their reputation to suffer...

OT: By the way, these oil companies must be mad! Oil prices at all time high and they are offering large discounts. So I guess you better fill up when you pass by any discounted petrol stations!

Teo said:
...Probably more hydrocarbon is added to the petrol to increase the faster burn rate..

If this is true, it is as good as dishonesty. The numbers on the types of petrol has a meaning. Quoting a higher number & giving a lower grade petrol is fraud.

I was just wondering about this today. Usually my car drinks up half tank after driving 300km. With the discounted fuel it is about 200km. Hardly psychological lah ... happened twice liao. What gives?

sfhuang said:
I was just wondering about this today. Usually my car drinks up half tank after driving 300km. With the discounted fuel it is about 200km. Hardly psychological lah ... happened twice liao. What gives?

My FC still stands at the avg of 14km/l discount or no discount leh. :dunno:

if you think you have a case, bring it up to the petrol station in question or CASE.

sfhuang said:

reachme2003 said:
if you think you have a case, bring it up to the petrol station in question or CASE.

no case lah. all this is empirical data from single sample (aka my car).

sfhuang said:
Hmm... Lemme guess...

U rev ur engine at the Evo beside u? ;p

No kidding, I pumped Mobil 95 after the discount started, got only 10km/l instead of the usual 12km/l. I was shocked at how fast the fuel gauge kept dropping.

Status
Not open for further replies.