Disappearing Art

DeadEnd

Nov 24, 2006
Ang Mo Kio
www.flickr.com
Street-25.jpg

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
Looking for new ideas for perpective and creative angle

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
To emphasis the excellent skills display by the old artist

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
I am impressed by the pictures drawn by this artist. His work of art far exceed my skills in B&W photography. Not only the pictures drawn are lively, intricate details down to the eye lashes and wrinkles are beautifully drawn. A must see for yourselves experience for all as not many possess his skills in charcoal paintings. A local customer approach him to draw old faded/damage passport size photo of their deceased love ones during my visit there. Truely the best in this trade I have seen so far.

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
I kind of like this picture with the artist against the B&W and serpia background as though the picture has been processed with colour masking. It also emphasis the works of the artist and the process of drawing it.

The shot matches your theme/title very well. It is very sharp, can see the artist at work with his brush and the photo and drawing side-by-side.
Perhaps the studio lighting is too dim, bcos the top right corner is slight underexposed.
But generally, I like this pic. ;)

Pls: Can pm me this shop location?

Thanks for the kind comment. The pic was taken in Hanoi, Old Quarter

Dun you think that the darker shade on the top right corner gives depth to the room?

Thanks for the kind comment. The pic was taken in Hanoi, Old Quarter

Dun you think that the darker shade on the top right corner gives depth to the room?

Not bad of a shot. I like the idea.

It think if you zoom out a little more, and then crop to a square and convert to B&W, this shot will be much more powerful.