Disabling the Firefox 3.0 Awesome Bar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rashkae

Nov 28, 2005
Hi guys,

Personally, I can't stand it. So I decided to do my best to revert to the Firefox 2.0 version. It's not quite possible, but you can get close by doing this:

1. Open a new page/tab and browse to about:config
2. browser.url.matchBehavior - Set this to 2
3. places.frecency.unvisitedBookmarkBonus - Set this to 0
4. places.frecency.unvisitedTypedBonus - Set this to 0

Also, add the Oldbar extension:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/6227

I heard auto:config can be adjusted to make your Firefox run faster, any tips on doing that? :)

don't know about u guys but firefox 3.0 has hung on me an awful number of times so far, this is irritating.

No hang at all for me so far

i addon 'oldbar' :) much better now.:)

Mine hasn't crashed yet. *Touch wood*

Hi guys,

Personally, I can't stand it. So I decided to do my best to revert to the Firefox 2.0 version. It's not quite possible, but you can get close by doing this:

1. Open a new page/tab and browse to about:config
2. browser.url.matchBehavior - Set this to 2
3. places.frecency.unvisitedBookmarkBonus - Set this to 0
4. places.frecency.unvisitedTypedBonus - Set this to 0

Also, add the Oldbar extension:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/6227

Getting pickled with some FF3 behaviour so I actually went and read mozilla site :).

Wonder if this item "How to disable the smart location bar" is what you're looking for?

Firefox 3.0 is very fast! Amazing~! even youtube loads very fast! But clubsnap front page really look different.. !

My loads really fast with lesser resources used. BUT, it crashes really often. I wonder if it's one of my extensions...

If you're experiencing crashes, it's probably because of data corruption from a long time ago. You're better off saving what you can, such as bookmarks, and creating a new profile.

I did this way back at version 1.5 and I rarely have crashes and those are due to plug-ins.

Status
Not open for further replies.