DIS-appointing Samsung customer service

arikyeo

Deregistered
Oct 23, 2010
Planet Earth
3 weeks ago, I sent my netbook in for warranty. The counter person say "The netbook WILL be returned to you whithin 7 days. When they're done, they will call you."

1 week later, nothing. So I called them. The person at the other end say "Oh, an engineer has been assigned and he's looking into it." Everyday I called, same thing.

Then today, just right I got a person who told me off, and try to push their "priority support" to me. He say first in a Filipino accent "Sir, an engineer has been assigned already. He's ordering parts and depending on the speed of the shipping, the parts will arrive in 6-10 weeks." I say "Why so long! Don't you have them in your warehouse?!" He then say "Sorry, but this model has already been discontinued by Samsung... We need to purpose-manufacture these parts in question. If you want it faster, you'll have to buy our priority support. 24/7 phone support, & all repairs will be done in 3-7 working days. Do you want it?" I then asked "Is this the way you treat all your customers?!?!" Then he say "Sorry sir, the only way to speed up repairs is to buy our priority support. Like I said, it comes with 24/7 phone support, & all repairs will be done in -" "I said I don't want your priority support!" then I slam the phone liao.

I already boycott Samsung mobile already, now its Samsung Computers...

3 weeks ago, I sent my netbook in for warranty. The counter person say "The netbook WILL be returned to you whithin 7 days. When they're done, they will call you."

1 week later, nothing. So I called them. The person at the other end say "Oh, an engineer has been assigned and he's looking into it." Everyday I called, same thing.

Then today, just right I got a person who told me off, and try to push their "priority support" to me. He say first in a Filipino accent "Sir, an engineer has been assigned already. He's ordering parts and depending on the speed of the shipping, the parts will arrive in 6-10 weeks." I say "Why so long! Don't you have them in your warehouse?!" He then say "Sorry, but this model has already been discontinued by Samsung... We need to purpose-manufacture these parts in question. If you want it faster, you'll have to buy our priority support. 24/7 phone support, & all repairs will be done in 3-7 working days. Do you want it?" I then asked "Is this the way you treat all your customers?!?!" Then he say "Sorry sir, the only way to speed up repairs is to buy our priority support. Like I said, it comes with 24/7 phone support, & all repairs will be done in -" "I said I don't want your priority support!" then I slam the phone liao.

I already boycott Samsung mobile already, now its Samsung Computers...

Should have asked for his supervisor or transfer the call to someone of higher authority. Last but not least, ask for his name. :devil:

Should have asked for his supervisor or transfer the call to someone of higher authority. Last but not least, ask for his name. :devil:
Ya hor... Didn't think of it. I was very tired today after a slew of adventures with a kite flyer... And furthermore I was pissed.

Nowadays most of the computers that are made by these huge firms that are not the "business" line of products are very unstable and crash easily. They may not have such bad support, but my Acer laptop had 2 motherboard failures within a year, and my Acer desktop's motherboard failed after 1 year. You'd do much better spending more on the Lenovo or HP business line of products to have a peace of mind.

Nowadays most of the computers that are made by these huge firms that are not the "business" line of products are very unstable and crash easily. They may not have such bad support, but my Acer laptop had 2 motherboard failures within a year, and my Acer desktop's motherboard failed after 1 year. You'd do much better spending more on the Lenovo or HP business line of products to have a peace of mind.
I actually could fix it myself, but the thought of voiding the warranty and lowering the value of my netbook by half made me change my mind... :'(

if I'm not wrong, all the tech support of many companies are farm out to other country, so you have any problems which not written in their script, just too bad lor.

if I'm not wrong, all the tech support of many companies are farm out to other country, so you have any problems which not written in their script, just too bad lor.
Suan le ba... I already boycott samsung mobile for their lousy cash-strapping service... If they cannot charge for repair they will sap the money from somewhere else ^^

acer is notorious for motherboard failure..

i was tempted at the price, but really, it's not worth the trouble.

Same for gateway... Acer and gateway are both basically the same company.

really?:bsmilie: oh man. my acer is gonna go boom soon...

:bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

really?:bsmilie: oh man. my acer is gonna go boom soon...

:bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

yes, a lot of people will tell you the same thing.

also, don't know if they have resolved it, their laptops have serious overheating issues.

my cousin's laptop, placed flush on a table, operating for 30 minutes, much hotter than my old asus which was turned on for 2 hours plus doing pano editing in photoshop.

also, don't know if they have resolved it, their laptops have serious overheating issues.

my cousin's laptop, placed flush on a table, operating for 30 minutes, much hotter than my old asus which was turned on for 2 hours plus doing pano editing in photoshop.

My Acer laptop uses an ultra low voltage processor so overheating isn't an issue. I guess my brother is lucky, his Acer laptop has been running for 2 years already, no problems at all.

mine is fine, cause i make it a point to avoid blocking the air vents. i tried before and it can really get hot:) especially with graphic intensive games. so far coming one year. occasional hiccups now and then, but i think she will last another 3 years :)

My acer netbook is still ok.. I can't barely feel any heat after few hours of usage.. I think we just have to let the air vent unobstructed.. In fact, i had once left it turned on overnight and there was no overheating issue and all things worked normally the moment i used it the next morning.. There was some heating, but only to the extent that it felt like a handphone after a call.. Fingers crossed! Hope nothing will happen to my acer.. :sweatsm:

UPDATE: they called me yesterday, that same Filipino guy, and he tried to push the priority support thing to me again. When I asked for his name, he ended the call... I will demand an explanation when I collect the netbook on monday :devil: