Dirty Mirror please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LBC

Oct 26, 2003
Visit site
Wonder is anyone can give me some advice.

I've just change my 300D's mirror with canon 3 days back and now it's dirty again, even after using a blower I still cannot get a few stubborn dirt spots out, can anyone recommend me a solution?

:dunno:

anyone?

PLease help! :dunno:

cruel ppl... no help at all

I need help!
I've just change my mirror 3 days ago with canon and now it's dirty again!
i tried using a blower... it just made it worst...
wat can I do... any experts here care to share? :dunno:

Just use a piece of microfibre cloth and wipe off the dirt gently.

LBC said:

I've just change my 300D's mirror with canon 3 days back and now it's dirty again, even after using a blower I still cannot get a few stubborn dirt spots out, can anyone recommend me a solution?

use stronger blower ? If cannot, you have to send it back to canon to remove it ...

Send it back to Canon if the blower does not. The mirror can easily get scratched even if you are careful.

The other suggestion is that if it does not affect your images, then why bother cleaning it. It will get dirty again at some point.

LBC said:

How do you know that it's dirty? I got my 300D six months ago and never bothered to check the sensor. I never notice dust specs on my pictures either, so I never check/clean the sensor.
How to check if it's dirty??

AdamGoi said:
I hate to say this ... you talk like this and you still expect help? Come on ... be a little patient!

Ahhhh.. finally .... some response.... all is ok now....kekeke ;p

fleek said:
Just use a piece of microfibre cloth and wipe off the dirt gently.

I heard that it's get scratch ezily this way.... have u tried it b4 personally?

megaweb said:
use stronger blower ? If cannot, you have to send it back to canon to remove it ...

Wat strong blower do you recommend?.... i have the conventional type that didn't work.

I sent it back to canon once b4... they recommended changing the mirror.... after 3 days the dirt came back.... i think they'll recommend the same again...
any other suggestions?

scott said:
How do you know that it's dirty? I got my 300D six months ago and never bothered to check the sensor. I never notice dust specs on my pictures either, so I never check/clean the sensor.
How to check if it's dirty??

if it's dirty you'll see it in the view finder.... specs on picture is the cmos that's dirty... if u dun see then there's no prob loh
:bsmilie:

how on earth did you manage to get the mirror dirty in the first place? it took me waaaay over 6 months to achieve what you seem to get, even then, i only had one big speck of dust, not the apparently "terok" case you have...

you have lens cleaning paper right? just use it to clean the mirror as you will with camera lenses.
anyway, like sehsuan said, cant understand why your mirror can be that dirty in just 3 days (seems pretty dirty base on the way you had written)????

LBC said:
if it's dirty you'll see it in the view finder.... specs on picture is the cmos that's dirty... if u dun see then there's no prob loh
:bsmilie:

Duh! That might be dust in the prism or behind the focusing screen instead of the mirror

denniskee said:
you have lens cleaning paper right? just use it to clean the mirror as you will with camera lenses.
anyway, like sehsuan said, cant understand why your mirror can be that dirty in just 3 days (seems pretty dirty base on the way you had written)????

You need to be careful as some abrasive dust may cause more damage if you try to rub it off. I suggest you buy a lens cleaning kit. I just bought one from CP which comes with the dustgrabber. It is a stick which a slight soft tip and it 'grabs' even the tiniest of dust specks. This ensures that the dust is picked up and not rubbed over the surface. You need a steady pair of hands too. Good luck! :)

after blowing using the blower. I use the lens paper to wipe clean the mirror. did that with all my 5 camera, no problem.
I dont think glass can be so easily scratch, if so, think what it will do to the front and rear elements of your lens when you wipe it with the lens paper.

Use microfibre is best, just make sure there are no sand particles on the micofibre cloth. I use this method to clean both my 10D and my 20D.

come'on, all the fuss for sth that won't even affect the pict quality?
hey, what's taking it so long.

Status
Not open for further replies.