Dirt on viewfinder?

bookwormm

Jun 8, 2010
Hey bros, I have noticed that there's this dot at the bottom left and right corner of my viewfinder. After taking pics with bright background, there seem to have some dirt. So after cleaning them by blowing air, the image appears to be cleared of the dirt, but the dirt still remains on my viewfinder.

What should i do to get rid of it?:(

Hey bros, I have noticed that there's this dot at the bottom left and right corner of my viewfinder. After taking pics with bright background, there seem to have some dirt. So after cleaning them by blowing air, the image appears to be cleared of the dirt, but the dirt still remains on my viewfinder.

1)Just ignore it since it dosen't affect your pictures

2)Send to service centre

you see the dirt in your photos when shot with birght background? or you only see it in the vewfinder and but not in your photo?

if only see on viewfinder but not on photos, the dirt can either be on the mirror or viewfinder.

to clean viewfinder, use cotton stick with cleasing alochol.

(btw, if you want blow the mirror, point camera downwards, ie blow upwards, else the dirt fly here fly there but still in the body...)

you see the dirt in your photos when shot with birght background? or you only see it in the vewfinder and but not in your photo?

if only see on viewfinder but not on photos, the dirt can either be on the mirror or viewfinder.

(btw, if you want blow the mirror, point camera downwards, ie blow upwards, else the dirt fly here fly there but still in the body...)

I have it both. But after blowing air onto the sensor, the image's dirt has been cleared. Now i'm left with the viewfinder. So it's safe to clean with cotton stick with those cleaning liquid?

I have it both. But after blowing air onto the sensor, the image's dirt has been cleared. Now i'm left with the viewfinder. So it's safe to clean with cotton stick with those cleaning liquid?

If the dust is in the viewfinder,you gotta take out the focusing screen to clean it lah.Best will be send to service centre...

If the dust is in the viewfinder,you gotta take out the focusing screen to clean it lah.Best will be send to service centre...

Actually i can't tell where is the dirt. I just see it in the viewfinder?

Actually i can't tell where is the dirt. I just see it in the viewfinder?

It should be between the viewfinder and focusing screen.Unless you are confident,better send it to service centre or just ignore it since it dosen't affect your picture quality...

Yeah, don't wanna take the risk. Heartaching... my d90 is like 2wks old!?

Ignore the dust. It will come and go... and come again. So what? Do you want to run to Service Center every weekend? Get worried once you have ants or bugs in viewfinder :bsmilie:

WA! Ants/ Bugs, YES! LOL!

I just saw this :bsmilie: Sg's getting dusty...
I don't think so. I have the impression people just get unnecessarily itchy about little unimportant things. The valuable camera, the investment, the preciousssss .. and suddenly some ordinary dust sits there. Hopefully they learn and get more relaxed after some months with dust on viewfinder.. focusing on the objects in front of the camera :)

If the dust is not on the viewfinder and it's not in the sensor, it could be on the mirror. Might want to try cleaning it since that safer to handle compared to the sensor. Personnaly, I would want to tuoch the sensor at all.

Everyone have this problem but we still happily shooting.

Dust get in and out everyday. No way you can stop it.

I don't think so. I have the impression people just get unnecessarily itchy about little unimportant things. The valuable camera, the investment, the preciousssss .. and suddenly some ordinary dust sits there. Hopefully they learn and get more relaxed after some months with dust on viewfinder.. focusing on the objects in front of the camera :)

Yeah, but every newbie will have to experience this somehow. :bsmilie:

Hi,enountered the same problem a few weeks ago.
itchy hand try to clean the mirror, now worst than before.
i went to the service centre and was told if it does not affect
the picture, just bear with it cause cleaning cost is $50 even if the
cam is still under warranty period.

That is how i got mine scratch...... ;) leave it alone or face the $55 penalty