Dirt on Viewfinder EOS 7D

HHGOH

Apr 10, 2010
Sin Ming
Hi Everyone,
I have recently been using the camera quite extensively and found dirt and finger print on the viewfinder. The camera is also used by my young daughter. Can anyone advice on how to really clean it? Thanks

Hi Everyone,
I have recently been using the camera quite extensively and found dirt and finger print on the viewfinder. The camera is also used by my young daughter. Can anyone advice on how to really clean it? Thanks

The dirt and fingerprint is on which part of the viewfinder? inside? or outside?

Cleaning the viewfinder is tricky. I'd not advise you to do it if you're faint hearted and have never done it before. As daredevil asked, is the dirt inside or outside? How did your daughter reach the internals of the mount?

Hi Guys, sorry for the late reply.
The fingerprint is actually on the viewfinder lens itself. I guess you may consider it inside.

The fingerprint is actually on the viewfinder lens itself. I guess you may consider it inside.

On the viewfinder lens... should be outside la, Inside I mean the fingerprint is in the mirror or focus screen or on the pentaprism/mirror.

Use a blower to blow first, then use some lens cleaning paper wrap on cotton bud, and try to clean softly.

If you see the fingerprint from the viewfinder and it is not outside, perhaps the mirror is the one that has the fingerprint. It is kind of hard to leave fingerprint on the viewfinder lens from inside.

If it is on the mirror, then try to use Lenspen which is dry cleaning to clean the fingerprint (instead of using lens fluid which might leave streaks on the mirror). Do take care not to touch the focusing screen as it can be damage quite easily.

Learn to live with it. You are bound to get dirt in the view finder. I tried cleaning the view finder before and ended up scratching my penta mirror.

Hi Guys, thanks for the all the tips. Appreciate it