dirt on viewfinder display (help)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wing oscar

Dec 14, 2006
新加坡
can anyone help me out on tis... i notice my D40 got some dirt on the viewfinder so i try to clean it, but seen like getting worst... i did try alot of shoot to c but my sensor look fine... i try to blow it alot of times, yet still can c dirt... izit mean i need to bring down to service centre... :cry:

sorry for din check the past thread... i guess need to bring down to NSC... :cry:

can anyone help me out on tis... i notice my D40 got some dirt on the viewfinder so i try to clean it, but seen like getting worst... i did try alot of shoot to c but my sensor look fine... i try to blow it alot of times, yet still can c dirt... izit mean i need to bring down to service centre... :cry:

sorry for din check the past thread... i guess need to bring down to NSC... :cry:
Is the dirt inside the viewfinder or outside on the surface? Did you try to get 'Lenspen' cleaning kit? It contain various size kits for cleaning at various location of the camera, so if the dirt is outside the viewfinder, then this should be able to solve your problem without have a need to go to NSC.

Is the dirt inside the viewfinder or outside on the surface? Did you try to get 'Lenspen' cleaning kit? It contain various size kits for cleaning at various location of the camera, so if the dirt is outside the viewfinder, then this should be able to solve your problem without have a need to go to NSC.

sorry i din say clearly... i think is inside the viewfinder, cos i try to clean but end got another problem is there r scratchers on it... :cry:

under warrently but wanna change a new viewfinder will b charge rite??

hmmz.. dirt in the viewfinder is quite common..i think there mite be some dust in my viewfinder too.. some people will advise to just live with it if you are not too bothered by it as it does not affect picture quality.. I just left it alone
hmmz.. don't know if scratches on the viewfinder caused by the user is covered by warranty :bsmilie: (though i tend to think that damages caused by user are not covered)... but if you got the time to spare.. no harm bringing down to the NSC? Any try not to do DIY repairs on your own if you are not confident.. mite bring more harm to the camera :)

If it doesn't affect the picture quality, you don't need to bother about it. But if it really bothers you, then just bring it down to the service center to get it clean. I too ever had dust and even a piece of hair inside the viewfinder, and I just live with it for almost a year until I got it cleaned at the same time when I send my camera to the service center for sensor cleaning.

:) thax guys... i really sorry for repeating tis thread, when i saw my viewfinder got dirt n try to clean it end up causing the scratch... i was so up sad wif it, but i oso worry my sensor got problem oso... but so far i shoot a few test shoot, i din saw anything wrong wif it..

anyway tis D40 is my 1st dslr... i still got alots of things need to learn, hopefully u pro's out there can advise more.. :)

:) thax guys... i really sorry for repeating tis thread, when i saw my viewfinder got dirt n try to clean it end up causing the scratch... i was so up sad wif it, but i oso worry my sensor got problem oso... but so far i shoot a few test shoot, i din saw anything wrong wif it..

anyway tis D40 is my 1st dslr... i still got alots of things need to learn, hopefully u pro's out there can advise more.. :)
Join us for the newbie gathering on 15 Sep 07 then. Haha... :bsmilie:

We all learn together.

If it doesn't affect the picture quality, you don't need to bother about it. But if it really bothers you, then just bring it down to the service center to get it clean. I too ever had dust and even a piece of hair inside the viewfinder, and I just live with it for almost a year until I got it cleaned at the same time when I send my camera to the service center for sensor cleaning.

hair??:think:

haha....for a while i was wondering how long the hair is and whether the full length occupy at least half of your viewfinder.....:bsmilie:

maybe should just get silicon and seal up the whole camera.....:rolleyes: and tape up the whole camera....haha:sweatsm:

hi guys... needing help again~ i email NSC for a quote, the reply was changing a focuing screen is $45 before GST and servicing of the camera body is $100 before GST... can advise me wat shld i do..? :cry:

hi guys... needing help again~ i email NSC for a quote, the reply was changing a focuing screen is $45 before GST and servicing of the camera body is $100 before GST... can advise me wat shld i do..? :cry:

your warranty over? if yes, personally i think $100 bucks for settling of the problem is a good bargain (especially if u r not confident of doing it yourself without affecting other parts...) or else just ignore it...

i think u oni need to change the focusing screen..unless u manage to take out the focusing screen to clean the viewfinder, and scratch the prism..then changing the viewfinder prism will be more expensive..let NSC do a check for u, then u decide whether u want to proceed wif the service..changing of focusing screen is around $45..if under warranty, ask them for a sensor cleaning oso..

i think u oni need to change the focusing screen..unless u manage to take out the focusing screen to clean the viewfinder, and scratch the prism..then changing the viewfinder prism will be more expensive..let NSC do a check for u, then u decide whether u want to proceed wif the service..changing of focusing screen is around $45..if under warranty, ask them for a sensor cleaning oso..
its also $45 if not under warranty :) i changed my d50 at that price

its also $45 if not under warranty :) i changed my d50 at that price

yeah! thank you for the clarification..my typing not so clear..just reminding TS to request for sensor cleaning if camera still under warranty, since brought camera to NSC le..

your warranty over? if yes, personally i think $100 bucks for settling of the problem is a good bargain (especially if u r not confident of doing it yourself without affecting other parts...) or else just ignore it...

thax guys~ so sensor cleaning is FOC ar?? i wonder if i change focusing screen, will NSC blow dust n dirt for me FOC anot~ haha...

i was thinking to find fatigue for service n seek advise from him, whether shld i change my focusing screen... :)

thax guys~ so sensor cleaning is FOC ar?? i wonder if i change focusing screen, will NSC blow dust n dirt for me FOC anot~ haha...

i was thinking to find fatigue for service n seek advise from him, whether shld i change my focusing screen... :)

Hi, I only got the focusing screen for D70. So it does not have on-demand grid lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.