direct or card reader?

Status
Not open for further replies.

noob117

Oct 16, 2006
west
hi CSers
may i know what is the correct way to put pix into da com?
use USB cable direct from the cam or use card reader?:confused:

thx in advance :bsmilie:

hi CSers
may i know what is the correct way to put pix into da com?
use USB cable direct from the cam or use card reader?:confused:

thx in advance :bsmilie:

both...

card reader saves you the hassle of installing the camera software.
and its much faster in some cases too :)

well...i got an internal card reader.....and my cards dun always stay in the cam during a shoot ya.....

card reader
it takes years if connect to the cam

card reader.

Direct will waste batt power of cam too. So if u need to use the camera, it's stuck to the pc or it's juice sucked dry by the usb port.

haha if i use card reader i forget to put the card back.. hahaha

haha if i use card reader i forget to put the card back.. hahaha
Card reader.

Since my Nikon D70s is only USB1.1 transfer, if I use external card reader, I've got USB2.0 transfer rate. I can download all the picture faster.

In Nikon D70s (I'm not sure the rest) will display -E- (empty) on top LCD if no card inside, even when the switch is on off position. Always make a good practice to check that.

Regards,
Arto.

I used card reader on my old PC. but after upgraded to my Mac, the reader can't be detected. so I plug my card into my printer which has CF reader built-in.

Card reader....

previously was using PnS and at times direct connect wasn't detected by the pc.
no problem anymore after using card reader.

if bringing along laptop. card reader.

no laptop connect to other pc, wire transfer.

in short. depends.

thats for me. i use both anyway. :bsmilie:

card reader anytime. u take out the card and u can keep the camera safely away from desk in case you spill water or accidentally gets pushed off the table. of course u also save your camera battery.

I used card reader on my old PC. but after upgraded to my Mac, the reader can't be detected. so I plug my card into my printer which has CF reader built-in.

Hi,

You mean your printer with the built-in card reader can also fucntion as a card reader on your MAC. Mine don't work this way. I'm using the Canon Selphy CP720. what is your?

Status
Not open for further replies.