Evening Programme at SAM

6.30 - 7pm - Guest arrival and registration and reception
7pm - Arrival of GOH
7.10pm - Welcoming Address by ClubSNAP Organser
7.15pm - Address by GOH.
7.20pm - Start of buffet Dinner
7.30pm slideshow of ClubSNAP history
7.40pm - Live Band performance
8pm - Opening of Viewing of Historical cameras and "Trivial Photography Quiz Time"
8.20pm - Cake Cutting by GOH, CS Admin and founding members
8.45pm - End of Dinner

Please prepare to discuss tonight. Thanks

As discussed last week

7.10pm - Welcoming Address by ClubSNAP Admin
Either Simon or Edmund to speak or PE, Chairman of Tenth Anniversary Committee

okay... was asked to take charge of the emcee, supposedly to be provided by nikon singapore. seeing that the event is tomorrow evening , so i'd thought i'd best prepare a draft the emcee script (while stuck in a boring meeting that i cannot slip out of...)

this is based broadly on the outline provided earlier, but i do have some questions which may require some clarity.
e.g.
i) Video - when would you like to screen the video? I have put it after the GOH speech, but it could go before the address or even before the cake cutting (logisitics allowing).
ii) Slideshow - is there still a separate slideshow going on?
iii) GOH enterance - from the initial programme, i read it that there is no grand enterance of the GOH, but rather he will come in and mingle as well. If not, there may be a need for a holding room.
iv) GOH exit - will it be a "soft exit" as well? meaning, no annoucement of his leaving? I assume that he will stay for the full hour up to the cake cutting.
v) That's The End? - how would you like to close off the evening? e.g. after the cake cutting, admin to say a few words, possibly also tie together with the GOH leaving?

incidentally, i have an important meeting on friday pm, so i would not be able to get there early for setup... but will get there asap after the meeting at thompson rd.

TimeEventEmcee Script (Comment)
1830hrsGuest arrival and registration and receptionNil
1855hrsPreparation for the arrival of GOHGood evening fellow photography enthusiast, ladies and gentlemen, welcome to ClubSNAP's 10th Anniversary Dinner.

Our Guest of Honour, Mister of State for National Development and Manpower, Mr. Tan Chuan-Jin, will be arriving soon, and we will kick start the evening's event momentarily.

In the meantime, can we pls request that you put your phones to silent mode, notably for the opening address by our GOH and the screening of the ClubSNAP 10th anniversary video.

Thank you.
1900hrsArrival of GOHNil (GOH will mingle with the guest)
1910hrsWelcoming Address by ClubSNAPGood evening ladies and gentlemen, once again, welcome to ClubSNAP's 10th Anniversary Dinner. To get the ball rolling on the event, can I pls invite the Chairman of ClubSNAP's 10th Anniversary organising committee and Senior ClubSNAP moderator, Mr. Chng Peng Eik, to deliver his welcoming speech.
1915hrsAddress by GOHNil (Peng Eik will introduce the GOH and invite the GOH to make his address)
1920hrsScreening of 10th Anniversary VideoThank you Mr. Tan for your address.

Before we break for dinner... the organising committee has put together a short video showing some of the ClubSNAP event through the first 10 years. Let let us enjoy the screening of the video.
1920hrsStart of Buffet DinnerThe next item on the agenda is to start the buffet dinner, but just to inform you of what else there is in store for the rest of the evening...

As this is a 10th Anniversary Dinner, there will be a cake cutting later, at 8.20pm. In the meantime, over dinner, we have a live band in the house, courtesty of XX. They will be playing interludes through dinner.

There is also a very special display of historical cameras, This is courtesy of Mr. Guan Kee.

So without any further ado, please enjoy the buffet dinner.
2020hrsCake Cutting by GOH, CS Admin and founding membersGood evening fellow photography enthusiast, ladies and gentlemen, I trust that you have all enjoying the dinner.

As with any anniversary celebration, we have the cake cutting. Can I please invite our Guest of Honour, Mr. Tan Chuan-Jin, the ClubSNAP Administrators, and the founding members to come onto the stage for the cake cutting, please.
2045hrsEnd of Dinner...

Last edited:
Thanks Edward really appreciate this,

Here are the ans and also the amendment to the script.

i) Video - when would you like to screen the video? I have put it after the GOH speech, but it could go before the address or even before the cake cutting (logisitics allowing).
ii) Slideshow - is there still a separate slideshow going on? <no they are the same>
iii) GOH enterance - from the initial programme, i read it that there is no grand enterance of the GOH, but rather he will come in and mingle as well. If not, there may be a need for a holding room. <just announce his arrival if he is too early then let him mingle with during the cocktail . Then we gather everybody in the glass hall incl MOS >
iv) GOH exit - will it be a "soft exit" as well? meaning, no annoucement of his leaving? I assume that he will stay for the full hour up to the cake cutting <yes up to cake cutting - we announce his exit, he will prompt me. >
v) That's The End? - how would you like to close off the evening? e.g. after the cake cutting, admin to say a few words, possibly also tie together with the GOH leaving? , GOH leave will continue for a while then MC will THank Every and close the Event"

1855hrsPreparation for the arrival of GOHGood evening, our ClubSNAP partners, photography enthusiast, ladies and gentlemen, welcome to ClubSNAP's 10th Anniversary Dinner.

Our Guest of Honour, Mister of State for National Development and Manpower, Mr. Tan Chuan-Jin, will be arriving soon, and we will kick start the evening's event momentarily.

In the meantime, can we pls request that you put your phones to silent mode, notably for the opening address by our GOH and the screening of the ClubSNAP 10th anniversary video.

Thank you.
1855hrs Mods to ursher guest into glass hall, MC announce, "Ladies and Gentlemen can all kindly adjourn to the glass hall - CS Admins, Simon and Edmund and Seb and me will be at the carpouch to recieve MOS
1900hrsArrival of GOHwe will lead MOS to the Glass Hall, Seb will be accompanying MOS for the evening.
1910hrsWelcoming Address by ClubSNAPGood evening ladies and gentlemen, once again, welcome to ClubSNAP's 10th Anniversary Dinner. To get the ball rolling on the event, can I pls invite the Chairman of ClubSNAP's 10th Anniversary organising committee and ClubSNAP moderator, Peng Eik, to deliver his welcoming address.
1915hrsAddress by GOHNil (Peng Eik will introduce the GOH and invite the GOH to make his address)
1920hrsScreening of 10th Anniversary Video

Before we break for dinner... the organising committee has put together a short video showing some of the ClubSNAP event through the first 10 years. Let let us enjoy the screening of the video.
1920hrsStart of Buffet DinnerThe next item on the agenda is to start the buffet dinner, but just to inform you of what else there is in store for the rest of the evening...

As this is a 10th Anniversary Dinner, there will be a cake cutting later, at 8.20pm. In the meantime, over dinner, we have a live band in the house, courtesty of Jeffrey Low, GM Nikon Singapore. This is no ordinary band but a band with extra ordinary people who are professional who just loved music and perfomance as much as we love our cameras and photography, They will be playing interludes through dinner.

There is also a very special display of historical cameras, including YY and ZZ. This is courtesy of Mr. Guan Kee.

2020hrsCake Cutting by GOH, CS Admin and founding members,, Seb and Eddie (both are birthday boys) Good evening ladies and gentlemen, I trust that you have all enjoying the dinner.

As with any anniversary celebration, we have the cake cutting. Can I please invite our Guest of Honour, Mr. Tan Chuan-Jin, the ClubSNAP Administrators, and the founding members and of course our birthday boys, Eddie whose birthday is today and Seb whose birthday was 2 days back, to come onto the stage for the cake cutting, please.
2045hrsEnd of Dinner...
After MOS has given his address MC - "Thank you Mr. Tan for your address."
Sing birthday songs

[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Emcee Script for CS 10th Anniversary Dinner @ SAM, 20 April 2012

Event Programme:
1855hrsPreparation for the arrival of GOHGood evening, our ClubSNAP partners, photography enthusiast, ladies and gentlemen, welcome to ClubSNAP's 10th Anniversary Dinner.

Thank you.
1900hrsArrival of GOHGOH entrance &#8211; Ladies and gentlemen, please give a warm welcome to our Guest of Honour, Mister of State for National Development and Manpower, Mr. Tan Chuan-Jin...

GOH mingle with the guest - Good evening ladies and gentlemen, once again, welcome to ClubSNAP's 10th Anniversary Dinner. We thank our Guest of Honour, Mister of State for National Development and Manpower, Mr. Tan Chuan-Jin, for gracing the occasion. A warm round of applause, please...
-Welcoming Address by ClubSNAPGood evening ladies and gentlemen, once again, welcome to ClubSNAP's 10th Anniversary Dinner. To get the ball rolling on the event, can I pls invite the Chairman of ClubSNAP's 10th Anniversary organising committee and ClubSNAP moderator, Peng Eik, to deliver his welcoming address.
1920hrsScreening of 10th Anniversary Video

As this is a 10th Anniversary Dinner, there will be a cake cutting later, at 8.20pm. In the meantime, over dinner, we have a live band in the house, courtesty of Jeffrey Low, GM Nikon Singapore. This is no ordinary band but a band with extra ordinary people who are professional who just loved music and perfomance as much as we love our cameras and photography, They will be playing interludes through dinner.

There is also a very special display of historical cameras, including YY and ZZ. This is courtesy of Mr. Guan Kee.

2020hrsCake Cutting by GOH, CS Admin, founding members, Seb and EddieGood evening ladies and gentlemen, I trust that you have all enjoying the dinner.

As with any anniversary celebration, we have the cake cutting. Can I please invite our Guest of Honour, Mr. Tan Chuan-Jin, the ClubSNAP Administrators, and the founding members and of course our birthday boys, Eddie whose birthday is today and Seb whose birthday was 2 days back, to come onto the stage for the cake cutting, please.
- Departure of GOH(get cue from PE) Ladies and gentlemen, it has been a very enjoyable dinner with fellow photography enthusiast. With the dinner winding down, we would like to thank everyone for coming to the dinner. Our GOH will be taking his leave, and we would like to thank our Guest of Honour, Mr. Tan Chuan-Jin, for gracing our dinner event.
2045hrsEnd of DinnerLadies and gentlemen, the evening has come to an end. I hope that you enjoyed the dinner event. Thank you all for coming. The ClubSNAP 10th anniversary celebrations continue through the weekend with showcases, photo talks and photowalks... and we look forward to seeing you over the next 2 days, and online for another 10 years!!
After MOS has given his address MC - "Thank you Mr. Tan for your address."

Last edited:
just to confirm, there is no guestbook, photobooth, or token of appreciation for the GOH.