DiMAGE A2 NOW? or Nikon D70 LATER?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spaztik

Jul 5, 2004
I need help deciding if I should buy the DiMAGE A2 now, or if i should wait a couple more months and go for the D70.

But Im worrying about the D70's value. It's worth twice as much as the A2, and myself only being 15 years old I think I will never use it because I'll be too scared to loose or break it. Although I really really really love the D70 and all of its features (most of all the fast response) and the feel of a DSLR, I think I am a bit young for that much meat. Maybe I'll go with the A2 now, and buy a D70 in 1 or 2 years?

what do you think?

PS: I work with a D100 at school (im the school photographer), so it's not too dramatic if I dont get the D70 now. Ill always have a DSLR to play with.

D70.. but i tell u, the spending won't stop.

Wait for D70 lah. Maybe can get it as a present for your O Levels!

since u got a DSLR in sch, i feel u should keep on practise on the composition part n techniques. probably buy a cheap 2nd hand digi compact cam with good functions. i think it is more value for money.

Wait.....

U won;t be able to keep up with the spending, esp your parents' pockets :confused:

acetylcholine said:
wow...d100 as sch cam..

what sch u frm?

private school. the yearbook budget is over 30,000 dollars. computers, software, cameras, etc.

gosh, my sch's budget also like yrs, but they give the photo club change for fundings.

anyway back to yr topic. i feel that it's impractical to compare now.
both d70 and dimage a2 are cameras produced now, there will be other cameras being produced and sold in the future, probably before this thread reaches 1 page long. so by the time u change cam, d70/A2 may no longer exist or become a previous generation cam.so my point is, choose waht u need now and do not plan what camera are u going to get in future.

i initially planned to get a fuji s602 2years after i bought my cam last year and a S2 probably another 3,4 years min.
but within 6 mths, it was superseded (sp?) like crazy. u got S3 pro, all kinds of fuji models that made me lost track of developments.

at the most u can plan is,now get a semi-pro digital camera then maybe after 2 years u want to get a entry lvl DSLR then after that...a pro DSLR ? sort of like, plan roughly

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.