dilemma in buying cam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murcielago

Mar 14, 2005
finally ended my work contract where i got my money to buy a d70s(which i wanted desperately) however, i am enlisting next month and even if i buy now, i wont get to play with it for 3weeks at least( book out of camp) ?
i've always wanted to buy this cam from the d70 days

yet on the other hand if i wait till end of NS, i probably will be looking at d70s' descendants
probably a D99 liao.

:think: somehow i think i've got an answer

Murcielago said:
finally ended my work contract where i got my money to buy a d70s(which i wanted desperately) however, i am enlisting next month and even if i buy now, i wont get to play with it for 3weeks at least( book out of camp) ?
i've always wanted to buy this cam from the d70 days

yet on the other hand if i wait till end of NS, i probably will be looking at d70s' descendants
probably a D99 liao.

:think: somehow i think i've got an answer

get it after you pop. you wont get much time to play during book out as u will be dead tired and want to just chill with your pals :bsmilie:

by then no more d70s liao.
nikon by then bought over by sim wong hoo?

Wait till you see what unit you get into. If you manage to get into service side, stay out, then get one.

Hi.

I tend to agree with the rest ... I suggest that you try to keep yourself distracted from purchasing your dream camera for now ... once you get yourself familiarise with your NS routine then you can revisit this matter again ... ;)

Murcielago said:
by then no more d70s liao.
nikon by then bought over by sim wong hoo?

I think those who have been thru enlistment would know and understand it's no point buying it juz before enlistment.

Tot you already have cam liao?:dunno:

Better to wait till after POP, then when you know which unit you'll be posted to.. then you can decide to buy or not depending on the unit you posted to.

If you buy now and only have chance to use it for once in the next few months... might as well wait for canon to announce new cams and competition heats up... then get better deal.

Vulpix0r said:
Wait till you see what unit you get into. If you manage to get into service side, stay out, then get one.

like me :bsmilie: i stay out

i reckon i will be eating mud.
i pes(t) A

thanks AG
by then i think i can get 70-200VR? :p

CYRN said:
I think those who have been thru enlistment would know and understand it's no point buying it juz before enlistment.

Tot you already have cam liao?:dunno:

Better to wait till after POP, then when you know which unit you'll be posted to.. then you can decide to buy or not depending on the unit you posted to.

If you buy now and only have chance to use it for once in the next few months... might as well wait for canon to announce new cams and competition heats up... then get better deal.

got cam is got cam..but..er..long story
htanks anyway.

somehow i still feel more gian ..
sorry, having problems following advice :bsmilie:

buy only when you think you'll have time to use it. otherwise, forget it.

Murcielago said:
got cam is got cam..but..er..long story
htanks anyway.

somehow i still feel more gian ..
sorry, having problems following advice :bsmilie:

I ment.... we are quite sure you'll not be able to shoot till after you pass out from your BMT. So your effective shooting window will be from now till enlistment.

Even after your BMT, it also depends on which unit you'll be posted to... some places, you'll still might not have time to shoot still.

I've know a few NSF that are into photography during their NS... most are complaining no time, no money.

As for competiton heating up... normally new cams are announced in sept/oct or mar/apr period, new cam means better specs or lower price for current cams.

CYRN said:
I ment.... we are quite sure you'll not be able to shoot till after you pass out from your BMT. So your effective shooting window will be from now till enlistment.

Even after your BMT, it also depends on which unit you'll be posted to... some places, you'll still might not have time to shoot still.

I've know a few NSF that are into photography during their NS... most are complaining no time, no money.
hmm..that window's like...3weeks at best?

Murcielago said:
hmm..that window's like...3weeks at best?

yeah.. shoot for 3 weeks and droolz for the next few months.. at least.

If you still tink you can go for it, then by all means it's your call.

If you get it before NS... at least you have something to look forward to every weekend when you book out :D

espn said:
If you get it before NS... at least you have something to look forward to every weekend when you book out :D

Wah... Girlfriend will kill you if all you do when you book out is take pictures. :bsmilie:

Don't do it... :devil:

natnivek said:
Wah... Girlfriend will kill you if all you do when you book out is take pictures. :bsmilie:

Don't do it... :devil:
Dump the gf then :sticktong

espn said:

The BBB virus injection.:sweatsm: :sweat:

dun buy. u'll not have the time to go shoot pics, unless u happened to be SAFRA's official photog. i think most guys here who been thru NS will tell u the only thing u're interested in after booking out every weekend is SLEEP! :bsmilie:

hold first until, at least, after your POP. if ur next posting after BMT is any of the combat units, then u can really forget it. however, if ur posting happens to be some office/HQ posting, mebbe still can consider.

Status
Not open for further replies.