Dilemma between Lumix GF2 or Sony NEX5

buabua

Deregistered
Dec 14, 2003
Guys..

Which camera should i get for my wife?

Which is better for night and carry around?

Inputs are appreciated.. thanks!

Guys..

Which camera should i get for my wife?

Which is better for night and carry around?

Inputs are appreciated.. thanks!

If your wife knows nuts about cameras, get the NEX. It's small and light and very "newbie friendly". The GF2 uses a slightly smaller sensor but is a m4/3 camera with more dslr-like features and more lenses. But a NEX is more "non photographer wife friendly" because the interface is very much like a point-and-shoot. But it does have the APS-c sensor found in the D90 so you can get great shots (got some good ones at the Iron Maiden concert).

Nex5 has an exclusive gold color - NEX3 is a bit bigger but has Pink and Red and is a bit cheaper too.

If your wife knows nuts about cameras, get the NEX. It's small and light and very "newbie friendly". The GF2 uses a slightly smaller sensor but is a m4/3 camera with more dslr-like features and more lenses. But a NEX is more "non photographer wife friendly" because the interface is very much like a point-and-shoot. But it does have the APS-c sensor found in the D90 so you can get great shots (got some good ones at the Iron Maiden concert).

Nex5 has an exclusive gold color - NEX3 is a bit bigger but has Pink and Red and is a bit cheaper too.

+1

there're some great reviews on the NEX even in this forum. you can check it out in the reviews section

Think i will get the NEX... My wife knows nuts about the settings.. she just want to PNS.

ah , but in that case why need mirrorless ? heh. for Better IQ is it

Try compact. LX3 or LX5 is pretty good, small and light. Easy to carry around. Sure it doesnt has a huge sensor, but makes up for it with a very fast lens, good at night condition as well. My recommendations.

Try compact. LX3 or LX5 is pretty good, small and light. Easy to carry around. Sure it doesnt has a huge sensor, but makes up for it with a very fast lens, good at night condition as well. My recommendations.

i think the new Fujifism f550 will kill the LX5..