Not open for further replies.

ajaismd68

May 22, 2003
Woodlands, Singapore
Visit site
Nikon D70 - all time favourite
Canon 350D - another best among all
Olympus E330 - new features

Please help to comment if you were given a chance to choose ... of course not by the brand but by its pictures' quality & features (user friendly) among the above camera(s).

You should not be looking at any particular camera but at a system. This has been asked many many times, please use the search function, you'll save yourself some time. Google is also a nice place to visit. Bottom line is, regardless of which camera you get, the photos you take still depend on you.

ajaismd68 said:

Please help to comment if you were given a chance to choose ... of course not by the brand but by its pictures' quality & features (user friendly) among the above camera(s).

check this out http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/d70s.htm

Just do a google search...

What I really meant - is thru' your experiences using this camera... review from abroad sometimes can be very subjective.

ajaismd68 said:
What I really meant - is thru' your experiences using this camera... review from abroad sometimes can be very subjective.
Comments here can also be quite subjective.

n0d3 said:
You should not be looking at any particular camera but at a system. This has been asked many many times...

This reminds me of myself... my first dSLR brand was Pentax, after that discovered i could not easily get Pentax mount lens & flash locally. But i also discovered buying lens of Pentax mount is cheap on Ebay... but still on the whole very little support from the then local agent...

More recently i changed my dSLR to Olympus. The starter kit set was quite cheap but i could never be able to afford those Olympus Zuiko digital lens. But not a prob as Sigma is cheaper (as long as it's not f2.8 across the range) & they do have a few (& more coming) lens that is Olympus 4/3rds mount. :)

ajaismd68 said:

As a system, it's hard to beat either Nikon or Canon and assuming you have not an esisting setup, you can't go wrong with either.

P.S. You quoted Nikon D70 as 'all time favourite'; don't know if you mean your all time favourite. If that is what you meant, I guess your mind has already been made up more or less and you just want some assurance (or reassurance).

lsisaxon said:
Comments here can also be quite subjective.

agreed! Another way is to rent those equipments that you have in mind and see how well it works for you before you buy.

There is no end to technology changes no matter which system u choose.
Go to the shop, try out one u like and buy.
Different ppl different taste and shooting style, so only yourself know
what is best for you.
Waste more time on how to improve on photos rather than scratching head
which DSLR to choose. :bsmilie:

if u dont plan to go very far, any brand will do

wrx_sti_22b said:
This reminds me of myself... my first dSLR brand was Pentax, after that discovered i could not easily get Pentax mount lens & flash locally. But i also discovered buying lens of Pentax mount is cheap on Ebay... but still on the whole very little support from the then local agent...

More recently i changed my dSLR to Olympus. The starter kit set was quite cheap but i could never be able to afford those Olympus Zuiko digital lens. But not a prob as Sigma is cheaper (as long as it's not f2.8 across the range) & they do have a few (& more coming) lens that is Olympus 4/3rds mount. :)

I totally agree with you... your comments are conclusive. Must take into consideration all the x-factors. I guess still Nikon D70 or D70S is the favourite choice but option still open. Thanks guys for your wonderful comments... I really appreciate it.

Nikon D70S with Tokina lens - how about it?

ajaismd68 said:

i've used the d70 but i bought the 350d instead. generally i prefer nikon, but the d70 doesn't comes with the vertical grip which is important for me. so decided to go with the 350D, moreover, its much lighter, (gd for travelling), smaller grips (i've short fingers) n it sells like hotcakes. but if vertical grip is not important, go 4 d70.

edfck said:
i've used the d70 but i bought the 350d instead. generally i prefer nikon, but the d70 doesn't comes with the vertical grip which is important for me. so decided to go with the 350D, moreover, its much lighter, (gd for travelling), smaller grips (i've short fingers) n it sells like hotcakes. but if vertical grip is not important, go 4 d70.

I used vertical grip all my life with the SLR(s) I've owned & I felt comfortable with it. Last week went CP for feel test - Nikon D70S grip really suit me whereas 350D definitely need the V Grip to accomodate my touch...

Still not decide yet - maybe I just wait a little bit longer? ;)

ajaismd68 said:
I used vertical grip all my life with the SLR(s) I've owned & I felt comfortable with it. Last week went CP for feel test - Nikon D70S grip really suit me whereas 350D definitely need the V Grip to accomodate my touch...

Still not decide yet - maybe I just wait a little bit longer? ;)
You buying camera to use or you buying camera to keep?

Just buy one and start shooting, by the time you wait finish, thousands of images waiting for you to capture have gone by!!!

espn said:
You buying camera to use or you buying camera to keep?

Just buy one and start shooting, by the time you wait finish, thousands of images waiting for you to capture have gone by!!!

Hi bro,

Photography is about passion - you really need choose carefully unless you've tons of cash to spend & circle of pals who waiting to buy 2nd hand stuff from you...

Digital SLR technology is for sure a chain reaction thing - you must study the upgrade(s) that you can gain from it...

Picture yourself in your Nikon, Canon, Minolta or etc - then you'll know what I meant!

ajaismd68 said:
Hi bro,

Photography is about passion - you really need choose carefully unless you've tons of cash to spend & circle of pals who waiting to buy 2nd hand stuff from you...

Digital SLR technology is for sure a chain reaction thing - you must study the upgrade(s) that you can gain from it...

Picture yourself in your Nikon, Canon, Minolta or etc - then you'll know what I meant!
Dude, then you're worrying on the wrong thing!! Body is the LEAST most important when considering photography, you should be looking at the entire SYSTEM - glass, accessories, flash!!!

As long as it's an upgrade you will gain from it! MTL!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.