Digital SLR for a beginner

Status
Not open for further replies.

iboey

Jun 16, 2006
Eastern Singapore
www.iboey.com
My primary shots are mainly macro and nature. Budget ard sgd$1k . Please advise. Saw lots of raves on Olympus E500 but the price abit on the high side :think:

iboey said:
My primary shots are mainly macro and nature. Budget ard sgd$1k . Please advise. Saw lots of raves on Olympus E500 but the price abit on the high side :think:

It's never cheap when you want quality.

But to get macro's on the cheap, you can try to reverse mount a standard 50mm lens to the camera. The other nature aspect can be gotten with a cheaper zoom lens. So you may still be able to start off on this by getting second hand bodies n lenses.

2nd hand 350D going for 1100 in B&S..

I might me branded as a Nikon Fanatic if I recommend D50 or D70s
but
To be fair, just go over to the nearest camera shop and try out all the DSLRs available. Get the one your feel in your hands is de best and that's the winner.

But that how I got my D50 in the 1st place. Tried both D50 and 350D in my hands. D50 felt more comfortable, so I decide on it and never regretted my Decision :thumbsup:

2hand d50 + Sigma 70-300 APO DG Macro
offer good range with price paid + you get 1:2 macro tho result can't be compared with real macro lens :thumbsup:

ExplorerZ said:
2hand d50 + Sigma 70-300 APO DG Macro
offer good range with price paid + you get 1:2 macro tho result can't be compared with real macro lens :thumbsup:
Sigma 70-300mm f/4-5.6 APO DG Macro is a good long range Macro lens. Even it is not true macro, and only 1:2, quite useful when you want to take dragonfly or butterfly.

[Still struggling over short range of my nikkor 60mm f/2.8 AFD Micro :embrass: ]

Regards,
Arto.

yup yup, if you are using a system, keep to that sys.

but since you put in ur thread "... beginner" which is like me :), i think you are really new, meaning no system :)

I choose the nikon system becos i simply love it. I do have lots of nikon cameras in the past, jus that i didnt really went to notice it.

i chose the d70s for its feel and grip. i love the way the d70s feels when i grip it, jus nicely fitted in.

i didnt really choose d50, cos i live the bigger grip.

but my fren got the d50, and simply love it!

i am in for nikon lah. got hold of my fren's 20D, but didnt really like it.

like the way nikon place its controls.

I think i'm one of the few ppl that switched dSLR system after my 1st dSLR moving up from prosumer.

I bought Pentax *ist DS thinking that i like the usage of SD card, & the camera body is nice & small. I further bought 3 lens & a Sigma EF500ST Super external flash for it. Actually after that i felt i wanted another system. I sold off all the items slowly & then moved on to Olympus when the E-330 came out.

Status
Not open for further replies.