Digital = risk of losing important images?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ST1100

Jun 18, 2003
Singapore, Bedok
The article not very fair leh. Some people throw away negatives too. Probably the same type of folks who delete their digitals.

i don't know about you folks, but 10,000 pictures in digital takes up the same physical space as 100 pictures (ie harddisk), but proper storage of film is an expensive nightmare. i have about 200 rolls of film (~7000 pics?) hogging almost one dry-cab all by themselves. One the other hand, more than 30000 pics in my (relatively) small little harddisks...

StreetShooter

Jan 17, 2002
Katong
streetshooter.clubsnap.org
Make that 2 little hard disks (duplicates of each other).

But then, I know an architect who lost all his camera equipment and lifetime collection of slides in a fire. Gave up photography after that.

kiwi2

Deregistered
Feb 4, 2003
Visit site
Debates are afterall... just debates. The beauty of this world is that there are always different points of view to things. Nothing is perfect. How do we perceive? Are Singaporeans a cold lot? Is mercy killing morally right? No absolute rights or wrongs. When colour photography was born, some thought b/w would soon die but...

Maybe one day, 'A' level GP essay would go like: "Can digital photography ever replace films? Discuss." ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom