Digital printout on 4R

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaGixShOe

Apr 16, 2002
magixshoe.clubsnap.org
just receive my photos back from standard photo.....

0.35cents per piece quality buay pai lah

but got one thing is..... the top and bottom are cropped out..

sianz..... how to correct this?

Originally posted by MaGixShOe
just receive my photos back from standard photo.....

0.35cents per piece quality buay pai lah

but got one thing is..... the top and bottom are cropped out..

sianz..... how to correct this?

Of course. The aspect ratio of the picture from you cam is different from the 4R size.

One way is to crop your pics before you sent in for printing. What is your picture resolution?

before sending to them, ensure that your height & width are according to your print size. e.g. 4R ratio of 4 : 6

Originally posted by azone

Of course. The aspect ratio of the picture from you cam is different from the 4R size.

One way is to crop your pics before you sent in for printing. What is your picture resolution?
1600X1200

how to crop liao still mantain the same pic?

usually cannot maintain same pic, got to crop the top and bottom suitably such that the composition is still desirable.

Or if you still want the same pic, introduce white borders on the left and right hand side to make up the 2:3 ratio lor....but will be ugly.

so bo pian one lah
then wat for crop ourselves liao then give them?
still the same rite? some parts of the pic will still be gone

yar but when you crop, you have the control. You can control how much of the top to crop, and how much of the bottom to crop.

If you leave it to the shop, you got to trust their judgement and professionality. There were some people who got pictures that were undesirably cropped. An extreme example, would be like part of the head of the people cropped off when there is enough space at the bottom to be cropped.

actually got bian lah..
there is this special format of photo paper that caters to digital camera format of 4:3. Ziploc has developed that before at Soo Kee so maybe he can tell you more. I can't remember what it is called.

Originally posted by Tweek
yar but when you crop, you have the control. You can control how much of the top to crop, and how much of the bottom to crop.

If you leave it to the shop, you got to trust their judgement and professionality. There were some people who got pictures that were undesirably cropped. An extreme example, would be like part of the head of the people cropped off when there is enough space at the bottom to be cropped.
lol
yah lor
they just anyhow crop one ah...
i take my fish photo they go crop away the bottom part of the fish and the top is empty

btw when cropping how to make the aspect ratio?
wat is the ratio for 4R photos?

actually got bian lah..
there is this special format of photo paper that caters to digital camera format of 4:3. Ziploc has developed that before at Soo Kee so maybe he can tell you more. I can't remember what it is called.
then will be damm ex?

then will be damm ex?

I dunno...got to ask ziploc, or maybe some other people can help.

Btw for normal photo paper, the aspect ratio is 2:3. Use the crop tool in photoshop lor, quite useful.

I dunno...got to ask ziploc, or maybe some other people can help.

Btw for normal photo paper, the aspect ratio is 2:3. Use the crop tool in photoshop lor, quite useful.
but how to crop it to that particular ratio i want?

i notice that when i click on the crop icon
there is a thing to select the crop width and height
issit use that?
then must set it to wat amt?

well....i kinda lived with it...so long as the main part not cropped liao can liao...sigh:angel:

Originally posted by eadwine
well....i kinda lived with it...so long as the main part not cropped liao can liao...sigh:angel:
:bsmilie: :bsmilie: agree.. but for one photo my fishes all swimming around and one fish below i though siew siew liao but send for develop they crop is out ;(

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: agree.. but for one photo my fishes all swimming around and one fish below i though siew siew liao but send for develop they crop is out ;(

haha i know how it feels...
well if really need to print out...get a good printer and print out using either matt paper or photo paper !! just as nice =) :thumbsup:

Originally posted by eadwine

haha i know how it feels...
well if really need to print out...get a good printer and print out using either matt paper or photo paper !! just as nice =) :thumbsup:
the prob is $$$ coz i always print duplicated copies for my frenz

actually it's the same when you send in negatives for prints. not the whole frame is printed for all sizes.

for digital pics, at least you could crop it the way you want before printing.

Er... I think those prints that does not crop are actually printed in APS aspect ratio... C size or something... not sure...

For cropping, select the croping tool and set the options to contraint aspect ratio and enter the ration as required.

If printing normal regular shots, just get some cheap photoquality matt paper... print 6 shots in one page and cut yourself... cheaper...approximately $1+ for 6 pictures...

Status
Not open for further replies.