digital print questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

perly

Jun 6, 2002
perlyinc.com
Hi all, im gonna send some digital images for prints soon hence need to clarify some stuff

1. if i added a border bout 25 pixels wide and some text slightly smaller (mabbie 20 pixels) on a pic totaling 1650*1116, will the text but readable on 4R print???

2. how to know if my monitor setting are good to reflect wat the prints will come out as???

dunno whether to test wif a few first or wat....cos read tat min 50 pc else $5 handling charges...:cry:

any god labs to recommend in town???

1) It depend on the font that you are using. Font such as Time New Roman are more close to each other while Courier New are more space out. Print on to a colour Inkjet in draft mode to see the effect.

:light: Please leave another min 1mm border otherwise your broder will be cropped off regardless are you using "Fit-In" mode.
I have just collected my print on Christmas eve, almost all with border are been cropped off unporportionally. The developer advise min to leave 1mm, currently in the midst of adjusting then send for reprinting.

2) If you are using PS, run Adobe Gamma in the control panel to calibrate the monitor. The photo develop out will be very near to the monitor colour.

Originally posted by cillin
1) It depend on the font that you are using. Font such as Time New Roman are more close to each other while Courier New are more space out. Print on to a colour Inkjet in draft mode to see the effect.

:light: Please leave another min 1mm border otherwise your broder will be cropped off regardless are you using "Fit-In" mode.
I have just collected my print on Christmas eve, almost all with border are been cropped off unporportionally. The developer advise min to leave 1mm, currently in the midst of adjusting then send for reprinting.

2) If you are using PS, run Adobe Gamma in the control panel to calibrate the monitor. The photo develop out will be very near to the monitor colour.

:eek: 1mm=how many pixels???
how to relate cos if print, its very big leh... :confused:
dunno how to resize to 4R then print leh.... :dunno:
tks....:)

What I can suggest is to temporarily resize the onscreen image to be as big as a 4R photo placed on screen. Then you can get a rough idea of how your fonts would look like on paper.

Originally posted by perly

:eek: 1mm=how many pixels???
how to relate cos if print, its very big leh... :confused:
dunno how to resize to 4R then print leh.... :dunno:
tks....:)

Are you usig PS7? If yes then goto Help->Resize Image and follow the wizard to resize to 4R

tks for the advice...try liaos...resized to size=24....
bout the 1mm...will the cropping be from all edges or one sided???

Originally posted by perly
tks for the advice...try liaos...resized to size=24....
bout the 1mm...will the cropping be from all edges or one sided???

From the print out that I get for landscape left and right is evenly crop but top and bottom is not evenly crop.

maybe u can try out the shop @ esplanade? one level below the arts lib beside the escalator. not pro-lab or watever. maybe juz try out lah, coz the last time (like 3 wks ago?) i went to check their promotion, their prints for 4R digital is @ 35 cents for normal 1 day service. 50 cents is for 1 HR service. minimum 3pcs.

my 6 4R, 2 megapix prints looks pleasant and juz cost me 3 bucks (1HR). no media processing fee.

can try lah. hope the promotion is still on!

Originally posted by yellow_kiwi
maybe u can try out the shop @ esplanade? one level below the arts lib beside the escalator. not pro-lab or watever. maybe juz try out lah, coz the last time (like 3 wks ago?) i went to check their promotion, their prints for 4R digital is @ 35 cents for normal 1 day service. 50 cents is for 1 HR service. minimum 3pcs.

my 6 4R, 2 megapix prints looks pleasant and juz cost me 3 bucks (1HR). no media processing fee.

can try lah. hope the promotion is still on!

okok...will try and let all know....;p

Status
Not open for further replies.