Digital Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

scorpioh

Jul 17, 2007
Woodlands
Just discovered this function and would like to share it with those who may not know:

Usually I would take a test shot to view the histogram, and adjust the EV compensation accordingly to get the the best exposure. (Yea, most of the time the metering isn't perfect on my k10d). However, this means I would always need to delete the shot after previewing. This is a bit of a hassle in terms of efficiency and it adds to the file number order, though it's not a big deal.

I know there's this digital preview function but other than showing the picture, there's no histogram nor helpful information. This was until I have decided to check the manual and realised that the histogram can actually be switched on through the Menu, under Play tab. Horray! So now, I can take the test shot through the digital preview function.

However, i found it very difficult to twist the "on-off-dp" catch on the SRB for the dp since I need to AF at the same time. I could press on the SRB using my index finger for AF and twist the catch using my middle finger. But that's way too awkward. Then it suddenly dawned on me that there's still another AF button on the main body! So I could now press the AF button using my thumb and twist the dp catch using my index finger.

Pentax had it all designed... :thumbsup:

*SRB= Shutter release button, dp = digital preview, AF=auto-focus

Last edited:
i prefer just taking the test shot, and then getting the immediate preview WITH histogram present.. :dunno:

i prefer just taking the test shot, and then getting the immediate preview WITH histogram present.. :dunno:
Yeah, because the histogram wasn't shown in my digital preview shots. Realised I din't enable it.

Status
Not open for further replies.