Digital Photo Frame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! Has anyone bought one of these before? Any recommendations? :)

Yes, I have one. Most of the digital photo frames from the 'more famous' brands are decent enough, so no real recommendations, just get one with a good resolution count, and maybe same resolution size as your camera (either 3/2 or 4/3, so you don't have to do an extra step of cropping and saving into the memory card).

Always remember - Good things no cheap, cheap things no good. :embrass:

Though expensive, the Viewsonic and Sony ones are really good.

I think it would make a good present!

Ryan

The Philips 7" ones (the one with a rechargable battery built-in) are really good - color is excellent.

I have some no name ones that look terrible and the UI sucks big time. So whatever you decide to buy, go to a store to see it in real life first.

Sorry for hijacking this old thread. I recently purchased a HP digital photo frame. I put approx 1500 pictures into my SD card (all JPEG format) and slot it into my digital photo frame. However, only 600 of the 1500 pictures show during the slide show. Any idea why?

Sorry for hijacking this old thread. I recently purchased a HP digital photo frame. I put approx 1500 pictures into my SD card (all JPEG format) and slot it into my digital photo frame. However, only 600 of the 1500 pictures show during the slide show. Any idea why?

Not enough information.

1. Which model?
  2. Does the manual say anything about limits?
  3. What size SD card?
  4. Anything in common between those that don't show up? What about between those that do?

Take a few of those that don't show up. Put them into a new SD card without any other photos. Do they show up?

Could also be a limit of the HP. Maybe 600 is all it can index.

Sorry for the lack of information.

1. Which model?
Not sure, will update when i get home
2. Does the manual say anything about limits?
I read through the manual. Nothing about its limits
3. What size SD card?
2GB
4. Anything in common between those that don't show up? What about between those that do?
Nope, nothing in common. I took all the pictures out and transfer it back into the SD card again and the photoframe chose another set of 600 pictures to be displayed . So i don't think it is the pictures problem.

Nope, nothing in common. I took all the pictures out and transfer it back into the SD card again and the photoframe chose another set of 600 pictures to be displayed . So i don't think it is the pictures problem.

Then it must be what Rashkae said. See if there's a firmware upgrade for this.

Borrow this place to ask the same question.
Especially, want to ask if the sony ones are better than other brand like viewsonic, phillips or Aigo?
Seems not many people are using this. Can't find it usually at friends' places.
Price wise, is sony the most expensive? Hope if there is a thread can update price for this kind of stuff.will it be useful?

Borrow this place to ask the same question.
Especially, want to ask if the sony ones are better than other brand like viewsonic, phillips or Aigo?
Seems not many people are using this. Can't find it usually at friends' places.
Price wise, is sony the most expensive? Hope if there is a thread can update price for this kind of stuff.will it be useful?

sony and viewsonic are the better ones by far, but also more expensive. Many people who buy the aigo, etc, only care about price and not picture quality.

No real point in a separate pricing thread as there's very little demand/interest in these.

Resolution is important. Get at least 800x600. I've got a Philips 7". Get one with timer if you can unless you want to switch on and off manually everyday. Wait for Sitex next month for offer :bsmilie:

Resolution is important. Get at least 800x600. I've got a Philips 7". Get one with timer if you can unless you want to switch on and off manually everyday. Wait for Sitex next month for offer :bsmilie:

Any idea how much does the philips cost at Sitex ?? :sweat:

Agree,:dunno:,not so many interest in this one. but quite inconvinient when need to find one and don't know the market price. Afraid of buying wrong one with higher price.

And also not sure whether photos from DSLR with 3:2 ratio will be stretched.

Will Sony's screen much better than others'? Looked at sony's website, cheapest is 199 with only the basic function to view photos. Although I don't need other fancy functions but still want a relatively reasonable price. don't know why it's so good.

sony and viewsonic are the better ones by far, but also more expensive. Many people who buy the aigo, etc, only care about price and not picture quality.

No real point in a separate pricing thread as there's very little demand/interest in these.

Status
Not open for further replies.