Digital photo corruption?

Status
Not open for further replies.

taicw

Jan 30, 2002
Northen Singapore
www.pbase.com
Hi,

I noticed that some of the digital pictures that are stored on my comp's hdd seem to get corrupted after some time. When I view them, they appear to be cut off to varying degrees, with a blank grey portion appearing.
Just wondering if you guys experience this and how frequent this happens. Anyway to restore the pics?

Thanks.

how do u view them? on IE? maybe memory not enough? Have u tried to clear the cache?

This has happened to me before... I thought maybe it was my camera that had a problem, or the memory card. Eventually I found out that some parts of my RAM had gone bad. So what was happening was that anytime I moved a picture or copied it off elsewhere, or even just tried to view it, if that bad portion of the RAM was being used, the files would get corrupted a little bit.

So I ran a diagnostic program on my pc, and confirmed there was bad RAM in my system, so I removed the offending unit, and replaced it with a new one. No more corrupted files since then. :p And my Windows has definitely been more stable since the replacement.

Might wanna check your ram with this program. It's free. Hope this helps!

Originally posted by Que Lynn
This has happened to me before... I thought maybe it was my camera that had a problem, or the memory card. Eventually I found out that some parts of my RAM had gone bad. So what was happening was that anytime I moved a picture or copied it off elsewhere, or even just tried to view it, if that bad portion of the RAM was being used, the files would get corrupted a little bit.

So I ran a diagnostic program on my pc, and confirmed there was bad RAM in my system, so I removed the offending unit, and replaced it with a new one. No more corrupted files since then. :p And my Windows has definitely been more stable since the replacement.

Might wanna check your ram with this program. It's free. Hope this helps!

Windows is ALWAYS stable. ;) Try to load the pic after reboot and see if it's still corrupted.

Yes. Ram is most likely the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.