Digital or Film?

Status
Not open for further replies.

revenant

Apr 8, 2002
collinyeo.blogspot.com
Guys,

I think I need to convince my mom into getting a Digital Camera instead of compact film camera. Cause every chinese year, my family would go abroad. My trusty old Nikon Compact Film Camera had just died on us. Now, I'm thinking of getting a consumer digital camera like the A20 ( if i can find a 2nd hand ). But if I would convince her into using digital instead of film, maybe I will be able to get a better cam like 2040 or even A40.

I need help from you guys, can you all list out some of the advantages of Digital Camera over Film Camera?

thanx :D

pros of digicam:
-can review pic immediately
-save film
-can load to web
- can choose which photo to keep or print

cons of digicam:
-battery die fast...extremely fast....cos even if u dun use...the batteries will discharge...........use lcd and flash die even faster...
-media card expensive
-quality of pics will never match film unless u get those high end slr digicam.......i think...
- noise increases with high iso and with long continuous usage
-need to use comp to process, need pp with computer knowledge, not for pp who know nuts abt comp...
- printing out more expensive

so far that's what i managed to come up with....

Originally posted by revenant
thanx for your reply, baiyun :)

hmm.....

Most ..say older generation pple will wanna go for film cuz they dunno how convienent digital is till they try it. Maybe you should get it and show her how it functions etc. Then she will be interested to get one.

Revenant... The best way to convince your mom is....

Maybe birthday or something... Take picture take... snap..snap....
Show them on computer, print out immediately...

They go WaAAaAaaAAahhHHh

Or hook onto the TV and show them the pics....

HAHAHA

hmmm...me have digicam c700 and film cam EOS300.......in the end i always take my film cam when it comes to really taking pics that i wanna keep or impt........

cos i have the experience of my digicam always out of batteries when i need it most...:(
and when it's dark or lowlight conditions....., the lcd is useless most of the time.......

so far my digicam under utilized and film cam over utilized.....

but when i need the 10X zoom in daylight and oni a short duration, out comes my c700 cos it's lighter...:)

so u have to see whether r u using the cam or are ur parents going to use the cam???

if u using no problem ......if everybody using then make sure ur parents like and know how to use the digicam and dun find the charging of batteries a waste of time or electricity.....
no point buying a digicam $1000+ and let it rot at home cos it's a chore to use it........

thanx for all you guys' helpful advise.

Think I would go for an average digicam and get a compact film camera for my laobu.

btw, what to look out for film camera?

just start snapping away, and then proudly show the pictures on the preview screen. trust me, the older generation will get bowled over by it. well at least my mom did hahahah :D

Originally posted by baiyun
hmmm...me have digicam c700 and film cam EOS300.......in the end i always take my film cam when it comes to really taking pics that i wanna keep or impt........

cos i have the experience of my digicam always out of batteries when i need it most...:(
and when it's dark or lowlight conditions....., the lcd is useless most of the time.......

so far my digicam under utilized and film cam over utilized.....

but when i need the 10X zoom in daylight and oni a short duration, out comes my c700 cos it's lighter...:)

so u have to see whether r u using the cam or are ur parents going to use the cam???

if u using no problem ......if everybody using then make sure ur parents like and know how to use the digicam and dun find the charging of batteries a waste of time or electricity.....
no point buying a digicam $1000+ and let it rot at home cos it's a chore to use it........

I must agree with what you say. I own C700uz(same as you :) )and a EOS50E, and since the day I bought the EOS, I just couldn't stop taking slides and using it.

However, C700uz is still a good body to keep as it gives me the flexibility to take shots in a more informal manner. I could easily shoot around 200 digital but only 15 slides in a single trip.

Digital does have a lot of advantage. Give it a try and you will love it.

Originally posted by Klause

I must agree with what you say. I own C700uz(same as you :) )and a EOS50E, and since the day I bought the EOS, I just couldn't stop taking slides and using it.

However, C700uz is still a good body to keep as it gives me the flexibility to take shots in a more informal manner. I could easily shoot around 200 digital but only 15 slides in a single trip.

Digital does have a lot of advantage. Give it a try and you will love it.

What's slides?

Status
Not open for further replies.