Digital or Analogue

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

oasis

HI All,

just join this forum , i'm still considering whether to stay on analogue or switch to digital, Wat are the avantages ? care to enlighten me
;)

Originally posted by oasis
HI All,

just join this forum , i'm still considering whether to stay on analogue or switch to digital, Wat are the avantages ? care to enlighten me
;)

some of the advantages of digital over analog are:
  • can preview shots
  • can erase shots
  • can select nice shots for developing (and thus save on film developing costs)
  • don't need to scan slides/prints (if you're posting photos online)

If you need to work with photos on your PC then it might help, since you don't need to scan them and the quality of the photos from the digital camera is at best.

Hope that helps.

But the quality of a analogue SLR pic is better than that of the digital print out?

:eek:

Originally posted by oasis
But the quality of a analogue SLR pic is better than that of the digital print out?

:eek:

First, try not to use the term "Analogue" camera, etc. It doesn't exist. Just say "film SLR". ;)

Now to your question - digital has now matched or even exceeded film in term of quality. Being essentially grainless, it can also be blown up to bigger sizes than 35mm film.

Regards
CK

Sorry for the misuse of terms, now i roughly get a better pic of the differences
Thks
:)

some of the advantages of digital over analog are:

can preview shots

can erase shots

can select nice shots for developing (and thus save on film developing costs)

don't need to scan slides/prints (if you're posting photos online)

i totally agree with geekman....in this way,u can take as much photo as possible without worrying about the cost of the film etc....also u can look and ur photos immediately after shootin and can redo the shot if not satisfied.....for me lah...:bsmilie:

Originally posted by ckiang

First, try not to use the term "Analogue" camera, etc. It doesn't exist. Just say "film SLR". ;)

Now to your question - digital has now matched or even exceeded film in term of quality. Being essentially grainless, it can also be blown up to bigger sizes than 35mm film.

Regards
CK
However, it does not match up with slides film. ;)

Originally posted by scanner

However, it does not match up with slides film. ;)

:rbounce: :rbounce: :rbounce:

Status
Not open for further replies.