Digital Nights @ Singapore Art Museum

SG Art Museum

Sep 2, 2010
Digital Nights at SAM

Fri, 17 – Sun, 26 Sep | Sun – Thu, 10am – 9pm | Fri & Sat, 10am – 11pm
Free admission to Digital Nights at SAM installations
Free admission into SAM galleries from 7pm
Usual museum admission applies at other times

SAM presents Digital Nights at SAM as part of the first edition of Digital Nights 2010, a grand showcase of visual and digital arts that will be held during the F1 Grand Prix Season Singapore in September. Setting the stage for this lighting extravaganza in SAM are four European artists and collectives, Bertrand Planes, Miguel Chevalier, LAb[au] and Visual System, who will present interactive kinetic and transformations, as well as works that read and respond to the pulse of the city. __________________________________________________ _____________________________
Meet the Artists
Fri, 17 Sep I 8pm – 9pm I Various venues at SAM

Gain insight into the interesting light installations from artists Bertrand Planes, Miguel Chevalier, LAb[au] and Visual System who will be on site to chat about their works.

Digital Nights: Silent Disco
Fri, 17 & Sat, 18 Sep I 8pm to 11.30pm I SAM Lawn

Groove to a new personalised disco experience – put on special headsets and dance to an international DJ sets of eclectic electronica beats and hits to your head at the silent disco at SAM!

Bazaar with a Cause
Fri 17 Sep I 12pm to 10pm I SAM Glass Hall Sat 18 Sep I 12pm to 10pm I SAM Chapel

Shop for fashionable apparel, vintage inspired accessories and more in this bazaar where part of the proceeds will go towards supporting humanitarian and environmental causes. Bazaar updates at www.cause.sg.

Digital Nights: An OOOM special
Fri 24 Sep I 7pm – 930pm I SAM Front Lawn

Enjoy contemporary art expressions through music at Singapore Art Museum (SAM) under the stars. Catch Singapore's very own budding singer-songwriters in action as they showcase their original compositions at the monthly Originals Only Open Mike (OOOM@SAM), a joint collaboration between SAM, Singapore Art Café and Power 98. The most promising performer stands to win a Creative Zen Stone Plus courtesy of Creative.

Registration for performing slots opens half an hour before programme commencement.

Art of Dark Craft
Fri 24 Sep I 7pm to 10pm I SAM Chapel

Learn to craft great night images in this photography talk and apply these tips in the shooting exercise after the talk.

Bazaar at SAM
Fri 24 & Sat 25 Sep I 6pm to 11.30pm I SAM Glass Hall
Featuring an eclectic mix of locally designed handicrafts, accessories, vintage collectibles and fashion come and raid the stalls for some fabulous additions to your closet.

Visit www.singaporeartmuseum.sg for more information.