Digital Life - Canon Photo Marathon II 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

XXX Boy

Jan 11, 2004
GEYLAND LOR 15 LO
Anyone saw The Straits Times, under "Digital Life" section page 14 Digital Life - Canon Photo Marathon II 2004???
What do you think of the first prize photo?
Personally, I dun think it is a good photo and I do believe that there are better ones around. The person shadow is very distrating. This is what I feel, pls dun flame me.
Your views?

*sniffsniff*

it looks ok to me

The construction site worker photo with buildings on the right and cranes on the left should have won something.

Its not like its awful or anything but I just don't like it. I can't say why as I pinpoint my reason for disliking it.

lavenderlilz said:
Its not like its awful or anything but I just don't like it. I can't say why as I pinpoint my reason for disliking it.

I second to that. There should be better pics than this since it is the first prize.

XXX Boy said:
I second to that. There should be better pics than this since it is the first prize.

read what the judges say on the winning photo.....

I think the lcd projector, actual day printout and newspaper don't bring out the quality of the shot.

The shadows kind of represent the Gods. Without them, or if it's just 2 visible persons, then it'll just be an ordinary picture.

Very well taken.

Know your limits to value all art work

Knowing the limits of the LCD project, the quality of the newsprints, our camera equipment is smiliar to knowing the limits of our minds, eyes, tastes and our knowledge including the quality of the panels who were given the responsibility of judging photo competitions regularly.
For all things have their limits.

As long a photographer keep producing work constantly, he is honoring life and it is the work that counts. The type of work is not important but perhaps the timing and how he produced it does make a different. All art work feeds the human soul and when it is honestly produced to the best of our abilities it will surely bring joy to viewers.

Unfortunately not everyone is at the same level to be able to appreciate it. :)

XXX Boy said:

if you are the judge, this photo will not win. Different judges will choose different winning pictures...

why? cos different people had different view/taste when comes to viewing photographs...

yup. i think it's alright but it's...not correctly exposure?

i mean it's fine. dont 4get there's no post-editing. str8 from e cam.

the photographer took some common sense. it would be too rude to be standing arnd among those devots, so he choose to join them in prayer, thn sneaking a shot using the flr or his lap to suppose the cam for a slow shutter shot. it's like "hey, i sneak a shot of my life in a temple for you."

not bad. ;)

i kinda liked this shot... theres something to it.. its more like taken from a devotee's point of view during the temple...

it's abt the moment...kind of like impromptu, kind of like setup...i think that's how this shot won...a photo marathon is luck, planning and getting the 'picture' which might or might not be good at all. to you it's good, to others it's bad..vice versa

so judges say that shot won...so it wins...period.

XXX Boy said:
Do you think you can take better shots than this? If so, go for next year's marathon. You will understand the challenge. Frankly, I felt that this was amongst some of the best shots this year. There were so many crappy shots that could fill up a 1GB CF in no time. :(

Newman said:
Do you think you can take better shots than this? If so, go for next year's marathon. You will understand the challenge. Frankly, I felt that this was amongst some of the best shots this year. There were so many crappy shots that could fill up a 1GB CF in no time. :(

Maybe I got no taste la... :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.