digital lenses??


Status
Not open for further replies.

david fun

New Member
Mar 15, 2004
235
0
0
40
#1
anyone has any idea of any lenses that mount on a DSLR, i was told that any lenses had to x1.5 when mount on DSLR, is it apply to all lenses, i intend to buy a AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G IF-ED for my D100, how is the lense anyone, pls feedback, and how much will it cost ;) any recommendation for wide angle lens, budget between 300+ to 600

pls help new comer lah
 

#2
david fun said:
anyone has any idea of any lenses that mount on a DSLR, i was told that any lenses had to x1.5 when mount on DSLR, is it apply to all lenses, i intend to buy a AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G IF-ED for my D100, how is the lense anyone, pls feedback, and how much will it cost ;) any recommendation for wide angle lens, budget between 300+ to 600

pls help new comer lah
Yup, it applied to all lens as long it used on a DSLR with 1.5x crop factor..
Is it the same kit lens that come with the D70 ? if it is, I heard it cost S$400-500 ?
 

david fun

New Member
Mar 15, 2004
235
0
0
40
#3
i have went in to nikon website to check it out, was stated that it is design for digital photography, it will be equivalent to a 27-105mm lens in 35mm format, what does it mean?? :confused:
 

#4
david fun said:
i have went in to nikon website to check it out, was stated that it is design for digital photography, it will be equivalent to a 27-105mm lens in 35mm format, what does it mean?? :confused:
As you mentioned.. Nikon DSLR has a 1.5x crop factor.. so a 18-70mm will become 27-105mm when used on the DSLR...
 

franchez

New Member
Apr 24, 2004
76
0
0
#5
majere2sg said:
As you mentioned.. Nikon DSLR has a 1.5x crop factor.. so a 18-70mm will become 27-105mm when used on the DSLR...
Since the Nikon DSLR has a 1.5x crop factor as compared with the 35mm SLR, so if DSLR used with the 18-70 lens, it will be comparable to a 27-105mm of the 35mm SLR. 18x1.5=27 and 70x1.5=105.... :D

Anyone correct me if I am wrong.... ;p
 

hansia

New Member
Apr 27, 2004
178
0
0
East
#6
The angle you see will be that of an equivalent 28-105mm, but the perspective will remain at that of the original focal length.

If you take a picture of a person at the shortest focal length (18mm), he will have the same oversized nose compared to shooting at 18mm on 35mm film. The only difference is that the picture in DSLR has been cropped due to the smaller field of view on DSLR.
 

david fun

New Member
Mar 15, 2004
235
0
0
40
#7
so does it mean that is still alright if i'm getting this wide angle lense, any recommendation :cool: 1 more thing is it enough for this lense to shoot on landscape
 

TME

Senior Member
Jan 19, 2002
6,580
0
0
41
Clementi
#8
If I am not wrong, the DX designation means that the lens was designed to work with the 1.5X crop factor of the D70... which means that if u use it with the D70, u're fine.... if the D100 has the same or longer crop factor, it's ok, but if u mount it on a 35mm film SLR, then u're going to get a circular image on the rectangular 35mm negative.... cos the lens is designed to work with a 1.5x crop factor...
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom