Digital King Lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

imsimplicity

Jan 30, 2008
Singapore
Hi all!
i was just wondering if any of you out there using a Digital King lens brand or ever heard of it? i've never heard of it before untill one of my friend just bought herself a wide angle lens which comes together attached to a macro lens and costs her abt $130 from Centrepoint... i have yet to try on it and thought of getting it for myself but the outcome photos that my friend took was a bit contrasty using that lens...
im not sure of her setting but here's a sample pic she took:

art1200241.jpg

what do you guys think? need advise please, thank you..;)

Wide angle lens which comes together attached to a macro lens? Sounds more like a converter or wide angle adapter to me... When i 1st got my dslr, i got that 'lens' too.. also a piece of glass written 'wide angle' by the side with a smaller piece of glass screw tgt written macro by the side. The sale person also told me its 'wide angle lens'. After sometimes then i realised that is actually a converter rather den a 'wide angle lens'! :confused:

Is it something like this ?
image_DSW_PRO.jpg

It is a wide angle adapter, not a lens. And it seems to me to be a pretty expensive attachment. I am not too sure of the market price of such products.

It is a pretty small pic to make comments. There is some amount of CA ( on the white perimeter ) and doesn seem to be sharp. But i would not expect more from such attachments, and saving up for a wide angle lens will give you better image quality.

Ryan

Can see very clear CA on the picture.

Basically, forget buying something like this as the picture quality is not good. Go for a real wide angle lens. For macro, there are close up filters, which are not so bad to use, but of course, nothing beats a real macro lens.

This kind of a wide angle adaptor where you screw on to the front of your lens is a common way shops try to upsell the product to newbies and charge them a whole lot for it. I know of someone who paid a few hundred bucks for it, and because the person was a newbie and did not know better.

So... beware of such products. They can promise the world when they try to sell you, but the picture quality is bad. The only exception at this time from what I read is Raynox wide angle adaptor.

:sweat:The conditions in that shot look a little rough. It's so contrasty I think my eyes are bleeding...

i have to agree with you that even my eyes are bleeding looking at my friend's pic... :bsmilie:

Wide angle lens which comes together attached to a macro lens? Sounds more like a converter or wide angle adapter to me... When i 1st got my dslr, i got that 'lens' too.. also a piece of glass written 'wide angle' by the side with a smaller piece of glass screw tgt written macro by the side. The sale person also told me its 'wide angle lens'. After sometimes then i realised that is actually a converter rather den a 'wide angle lens'! :confused:

Hi Gnimus, i thought so too it is a converter/wide angle adapter... my friend mentioned "lens" to me...heheh... apologize for that :)

Is it something like this ?
image_DSW_PRO.jpg

It is a wide angle adapter, not a lens. And it seems to me to be a pretty expensive attachment. I am not too sure of the market price of such products.

It is a pretty small pic to make comments. There is some amount of CA ( on the white perimeter ) and doesn seem to be sharp. But i would not expect more from such attachments, and saving up for a wide angle lens will give you better image quality.

Ryan

Hi Ryan,

Yes the Macro one looks like that! thankiu for the pic.. :)
My friend is a newbie, and i guess she just wanted to try out on the converter to explore with different kind of effect that she wants... but of course i would still go for a better wide angle lens after looking at her pic!! :bsmilie:

Can see very clear CA on the picture.

Basically, forget buying something like this as the picture quality is not good. Go for a real wide angle lens. For macro, there are close up filters, which are not so bad to use, but of course, nothing beats a real macro lens.

This kind of a wide angle adaptor where you screw on to the front of your lens is a common way shops try to upsell the product to newbies and charge them a whole lot for it. I know of someone who paid a few hundred bucks for it, and because the person was a newbie and did not know better.

So... beware of such products. They can promise the world when they try to sell you, but the picture quality is bad. The only exception at this time from what I read is Raynox wide angle adaptor.

Thanks for the advice Geraldkhoo!
i will definitely tell off my friend abt this but my friend is lucky enough to get it at $130 rather than $300+ the salesperson sold to another person!! :think: and im pretty sure of getting a better proper wide angle lens for myself... :D
im looking for Macro close up filters, which would u guys recommend for a 400D user like me?
Thanks again

Thanks for the advice Geraldkhoo!
i will definitely tell off my friend abt this but my friend is lucky enough to get it at $130 rather than $300+ the salesperson sold to another person!! :think: and im pretty sure of getting a better proper wide angle lens for myself... :D
im looking for Macro close up filters, which would u guys recommend for a 400D user like me?
Thanks again

For wide angle lens for a 400D user... you can go for the Canon 10-22mm... there are some on sale in B&S and the price is abour $850-$900.

For closeup filter, you can get a Hoya +4 52mm filter at about $20 from CP.

For wide angle lens for a 400D user... you can go for the Canon 10-22mm... there are some on sale in B&S and the price is abour $850-$900.

For closeup filter, you can get a Hoya +4 52mm filter at about $20 from CP.

Thank you geraldkhoo.. will get the closeup filter first... :thumbsup:

These adapters are normally used for Prosumer cams to widen their wide end, from say 36mm to 28mm thereabouts.

I have used a Raynox version and it is Made In Japan. The quality is great. But the price is not cheap. I got it at $199 2 years back.

For DSLRs, get a proper wide angle lens like 24mm, 28mm or 35mm

These adapters are normally used for Prosumer cams to widen their wide end, from say 36mm to 28mm thereabouts.

I have used a Raynox version and it is Made In Japan. The quality is great. But the price is not cheap. I got it at $199 2 years back.

For DSLRs, get a proper wide angle lens like 24mm, 28mm or 35mm

Actually for crop factor DSLRs, 35mm is no longer a wide angle... it becomes 52.5mm.

The 400D crop factor of 1.6x makes the Canon 10-22mm a 16-35mm, and that is a good wide angle lens :thumbsup:

And there's always the cheaper alternative, Sigma 10-20.

Status
Not open for further replies.