Digital ICE torture test


Status
Not open for further replies.
#1
Hi,

Here's an old, unwanted slide which I have thrown one side and gathered some dust. Also purposefully scratched emulsion side (heh). Here's what it looks like from a straight scan:



With ICE enabled:



Pretty impressive. Other than the parts where the emulsion is totally scratched off, the rest of the scratches and dust are more or less eradicated.

Regards
CK
 

Nov 6, 2002
140
0
0
41
Visit site
#7
Healing brush is MAGIC! Healing brush is god's gift to mankind! Healing brush has no equal!! :D :D :cool: Healing brush is also a toolbar item in Photoshop 7 - something like a clone tool for a novice. Very useful to "heal" dust/scratches - time consuming but prett effective.
 

denizenx

Senior Member
Feb 1, 2002
4,058
0
0
41
L2TPYSG
Visit site
#8
he's using THAT coolscan III...
I somehow had two rolls of commissioned shots all fking spotty... wished I had the ICE.. healing brush is painful with about 70 shots going through PS7 at 10mp on a p3...
as for healing brush, good for larger areas but use with care when there's an edge or fine lines involved... the sampling can sometimes introduce alien details...
so anyone want my dual ii? then I can buy the acer 2740s again.. ;p
 

ninelives

Senior Member
Jan 16, 2002
3,247
3
38
BB
ninelives.clubsnap.org
#9
Originally posted by denizenx
he's using THAT coolscan III...
I somehow had two rolls of commissioned shots all fking spotty... wished I had the ICE.. healing brush is painful with about 70 shots going through PS7 at 10mp on a p3...
as for healing brush, good for larger areas but use with care when there's an edge or fine lines involved... the sampling can sometimes introduce alien details...
so anyone want my dual ii? then I can buy the acer 2740s again.. ;p
tot u using Duel III ??? how is the auto brush ??
 

denizenx

Senior Member
Feb 1, 2002
4,058
0
0
41
L2TPYSG
Visit site
#10
Originally posted by ninelives


tot u using Duel III ??? how is the auto brush ??
no lah, was not really willing to spend half grand on filmscanner... else the 2740s would be lying here liao..

BUT sian actually prefer the USB of the coolscan IV.. 1099 *gag*
the elite got ICE too?
 

mpenza

Senior Member
Jan 18, 2002
12,938
0
0
Singapore
www.instagram.com
#11
Digital ICE is really awesome! hmm... but I would try to keep my slides in good conditions ;p

Originally posted by denizenx
he's using THAT coolscan III...
so anyone want my dual ii? then I can buy the acer 2740s again.. ;p
really selling off? any problems with the dual II except for the lack of digital ICE? also, do you know the difference between dual II and dual III?
 

denizenx

Senior Member
Feb 1, 2002
4,058
0
0
41
L2TPYSG
Visit site
#12
u really want meh? but I a bit broke now... bought too many stuff like bag, 50mm, filters, flash adptors etc etc etc... and still got mountain to scan...

diff is USB 1.1, 3.2D, bifocal vs trifocal... and of cos price... probs is sometimes got irritating purple line... dunno it's my usb-cpu load or what... sometimes dun have... but I tend to run edonkey+PS7+IE+icq+scan+kazaa so many that's the thing lol...

PS:bifocal is joke... two I's vs three... ;p ;p ;p

but for the 3.2D it's still very wide... I gamma up a lot the shadows still got stuff...
 

#16
Originally posted by jasonpgc
CK, and your scanner model is.....? :p
The old, discontinued but nevertheless very good Nikon Coolscan III (LS30) which I got a friend to buy for me at Sitex. :)

Originally posted by jasonpgc
I don't understand how u cleaned up e slide....
The scanner has this technology called "Digital ICE" (you can read more from roy's link) which uses a combination of hardware and software to digitally remove scratches and dust. VERY effective as you can see here.

Regards
CK
 

rochkoh

New Member
Feb 8, 2002
533
0
0
Under your skin
Visit site
#19
I'm using Nikon Scan 1.31, but the digital ICE functions seem to be always disabled. How do i enable digital ICE in Nikon Scan 1.31? or for that matter, in VueScan?

I'm using a CoolScan III.

thanks in advance.
 

#20
Originally posted by rochkoh
I'm using Nikon Scan 1.31, but the digital ICE functions seem to be always disabled. How do i enable digital ICE in Nikon Scan 1.31? or for that matter, in VueScan?

I'm using a CoolScan III.

thanks in advance.
Isn't 1.31 very, very old? I am using 3.13. Digital ICE is enabled/disabled via the Tools palette.

Regards
CK
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom