digital gold tone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manda

Jun 23, 2006
Singapore
www.amandaherbert.com
I'm interested in perfecting a digital gold tone.

The closest I've got is using a fill / colour picker with:

H- 42
S- 20
B- 90
R- 230
G- 216
B- 183

which is seen in the below image:

472311974_fccc1acfb5_m.jpg

Can any one share their expertise and suggest a better work flow / RGB %?

Thanks

question: what is the correct gold tone? as far as i know gold toning can produce redish, yellowish, copper like tones but also (surprise) blue tones. Sticking to the "actual" gold colour, there is a wide range of colours/tones in that spectrum.

I am using split toning in LR (it is sort of a duo tone, one slider for highlights one for shadows with a balance slider). The same can be done in CS using split toning.
i guess you need to adjust for each picture the toning new, cause what works for A may not work for B

i tried it out on the pic you posted here and on the other guy check it out here http://www.pbase.com/michael_luthi/cs i think the 2nd guy would need a slightly different treatment from the first. I will delete the photos once you have viewed them.

how are you applying the toning?

Thanks for ur suggestions.

I've tried various methods. The two guys are done purely with colourfill as I am following a 'project' in a book.

I've also use duotones (which does have a gold preset) and tried channel mixers based on a magazines suggested work flow.

I have seen some beautiful dark room gold toning and would love mimic it.

Pls do delete my photos from ur site - it is quite alarming to see your work on others sites - eek!

I'm interested in perfecting a digital gold tone.

The closest I've got is using a fill / colour picker with:

H- 42
S- 20
B- 90
R- 230
G- 216
B- 183

which is seen in the below image:

472311974_fccc1acfb5_m.jpg

Can any one share their expertise and suggest a better work flow / RGB %?

Thanks

Hi Manda

I am too looking for such a "gold tone" effect for my travel tales..Wld appreciate it if you cld share it when you found the method to it..:D

I would really appreciate it..!:) Thnx ..

I would recommend duotone as well as a they give more colour contrast than colour fills... alternatively, you can try adding a curves adjustment layer with blending set to "color" and you can not just adjust the exact colour of the toning result but also adjust the relative changes to the tone at varying points of luminosity...

Status
Not open for further replies.