Digital film

Status
Not open for further replies.

mookie

Aug 19, 2003
Sunnypore
Visit site
Hi guys, am new at this, so would like to ask something regarding digital film...

Apart from the physical size difference between Compact Flash(CF), Smart Media (SM), and the newer xD cards, are there any difference in their read/write speeds?

Am thinking of buying a higher capacity card for my camera (it can accept the above 3 types), but am not sure which format to get.

I know that CF is the mainstream card now, so it's cheaper right?

If no difference in performance then I'll just get the CF card..

Thanks in advance!

mookie said:
Hi guys, am new at this, so would like to ask something regarding digital film...

Apart from the physical size difference between Compact Flash(CF), Smart Media (SM), and the newer xD cards, are there any difference in their read/write speeds?

Am thinking of buying a higher capacity card for my camera (it can accept the above 3 types), but am not sure which format to get.

I know that CF is the mainstream card now, so it's cheaper right?

If no difference in performance then I'll just get the CF card..

Thanks in advance!

Get the CF. It's fast and cheap. You can get a 512MB for only $200. An SD will be twice that price. Another advantage is that most prosumers/professional/high-end cameras take CF cards, which will be good when you wish to upgrade your camera. Last but not least, CFs are small enough to be convenient, but big enough so that you won't loose it easily or misplace it.

what about performance-wise in terms of read/write speed?

the durability of the cards?

i heard from my friends that some brands of CF cards are not that reliable too...anyone can recommend me which brand to buy? if possible include the price so i won't get ripped off, thanks!!

mookie said:
what about performance-wise in terms of read/write speed?

the durability of the cards?

i heard from my friends that some brands of CF cards are not that reliable too...anyone can recommend me which brand to buy? if possible include the price so i won't get ripped off, thanks!!

I think you can make a visit to EastGear.Com in Peninsula Plaza level 2. The guys there should be able to answer all your questions and provide some good choices for you (at good prices maybe?).

Status
Not open for further replies.