digital cross processing

allenleonhart

Sep 17, 2008
lowres.jpg

1. In which area is critique or feedback to be given?
digital techniques of processing image, along with unusual framing.

2. What were you hoping to achieve with this image?
i was out under the rain doing event coverage when i noticed a very nicely folded plastic bag. felt that it was quite sad that it was just left out in the rain, so wanted to attempt a still life shot of something that we usually wont bother looking at. yet taking a second glance + some post processing, could possibly invoke some feelings.

3. Under what circumstance was the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
raining prior to photo, abt afternoon i think? taken on a concrete floor, using my 55-250mm

4. Thread-starter's personal thoughts about the image.
personally i'm quite surprised at the image. it was better than i expected as i was handholding the camera while lying flat on the ground. attracted some stares from my juniors in sch as i was doing event coverage. i like the edited version as it kinda has an emoish feel to it, cause its rain + something not moving and very isolated object.

here is the unedited version for u all to compare! cnc pls
lowres2.jpg

You did a lomo-ish processing, which I think it's fine; otherwise the original lacks the punch.

You did a lomo-ish processing, which I think it's fine; otherwise the original lacks the punch.

yep thats my intention. i wanted to draw out the colours via digi cross processing :)

just a comment since you have the unedited photos uploaded... I think the contrast for red channel too much and lost too much shadow detail, and too much blown. How about a lessen S-curve for the red channel?:)

just a comment since you have the unedited photos uploaded... I think the contrast for red channel too much and lost too much shadow detail, and too much blown. How about a lessen S-curve for the red channel?:)

hmm. shall try:think: i'll upload a newly edited copy here. btw i just did this through trial and error, so i cant exactly remember the steps i did:think:

and here it is
lowres3.jpg

i tried my best to preserve the details on the bag as much as i could, while trying to draw out the strong colors

yet somehow it always blows out the whites

Last edited:
hmm. shall try:think: i'll upload a newly edited copy here. btw i just did this through trial and error, so i cant exactly remember the steps i did:think:

haha..I thought it's always trial and error..haha..every curves sure deviate a little for every photos you edit I guess unless you have save it in action etc..anyway, not always the same rgb curve can use for all..btw, the green is emo enough...

haha..I thought it's always trial and error..haha..every curves sure deviate a little for every photos you edit I guess unless you have save it in action etc..anyway, not always the same rgb curve can use for all..btw, the green is emo enough...

yep. tried to get the same feel. perhaps i over did the colours in pic 1. pic 3 seems less bloody to me :think:

and here it is
lowres3.jpg

i tried my best to preserve the details on the bag as much as i could, while trying to draw out the strong colors

yet somehow it always blows out the whites

Actually you can try shifting the bottom of the curve to bring out shadow..top of curve to preserve highlight etc. play with it and see if you are able to get something closer to what you want.

Actually you can try shifting the bottom of the curve to bring out shadow..top of curve to preserve highlight etc. play with it and see if you are able to get something closer to what you want.

okkies. will play with it more on the next photo i take:bsmilie:

just realised there is a strawberry texture on the bag o.o

Sorry, at first sight, thought it was some kind of " nonya-kuay ".

No comment on other stuff. It's experimental.

hey ts, what lens did u use ?

Sorry, at first sight, thought it was some kind of " nonya-kuay ".

No comment on other stuff. It's experimental.

i like that:thumbsup: a lot of ppl reply the same thing when i was asking around for comments:bsmilie:

shall attempt to make a edit so it looks like a kuey

and here is ur kuey

kuey.jpg

Last edited:
Actually it looks quite appetizing.

lol at first i look at the green "kueh" it looked delicious, for about 0.5sec, before my brain started to switch and think it's plastic. then a "eww, plastic = poison" disgusted that appetite.

lol at first i look at the green "kueh" it looked delicious, for about 0.5sec, before my brain started to switch and think it's plastic. then a "eww, plastic = poison" disgusted that appetite.

thank you for ur cmoment:bsmilie:

i'm surprised! i'll personally be freaked if my kueh was leaking water like that