Digital Cabinet Reading vs Analog Hygrometer Reading

pessimizt

Aug 28, 2006
Hi guys, i gotten a 2nd hand digital cabinet (with warranty) recently and managed to meddle the RH level to around 44 - 46%.

Then i read somewhere that its better to get one of those analog ones to put inside to double check on the RH level.

I did managed to grab a cheapo one ($8) at Sim Lim Tower and put it inside but the needle stays around 50%.

Now i am in a dilema as to which one should i follow (digital or analog).

As the analog one is pretty cheap and looks plasticky, i have doubts on its accuracies too.

I actually did lower the digital one (early this morning) and am awaiting for it to take effect (reach the stable RH level) and then check on the analog one tonight.

So guys, is it ok that i lower the digital one to around 40% as the recommended RH is between 40 - 50% (for digital camera and lenses) right ?

Thank you in reading and replying !

Cheers !

You need to do the Salt Test to see which is actually the more accurate one...

[vid]OyIn5UxMPp8[/vid]

Don't get too picky about the RH reading. A difference of 5% is far from critical. If in doubt set the RH a bit lower.

Thanks daredevil123 (for the video link) and Octarine for the replies !

Thats why i have tried to set the RH to a little lower and will check out again tonight. Hopefully digital will be 40% and analog around 45%.

Will find a time to do the salt test on the analog over the weekend then.

Cheers.