Digital Back with Mamiya RB67

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azhar

Dec 20, 2005
Here is SG
Anyone has any experience using RB67 Pro SD with any digital back ? Or do anyone have any experience with Kodak DCS465 Digital back ? I am looking at buying a digital back to use with my RB67 Pro SD and want to find out more.

Cathay sells the Creo Leaf.
was considering that digital back with a Mamiya 645 a year ago, has adapters for other Mamiyas like the RB67
alternatively is to go for Phase One (ruby imaging), but the default adapter is for a Hassie, you'll have to buy the accessories for your Mamiya RB67

do you shoot mainly stills? if yes, then you might want to consider Sinar backs as they allow 4 and 16 shots capture that does wonders for noise and details. but their software is not as friendly as PhaseOne's CaptureOne. Another plus points of P1 backs is their simplicity in use. call Ruby Imaging, they are having a launch event for the P45 very soon. maybe you can drop by and talk to Seng Fai.

cheers! :)

How about hasselblad digital back, heard they have new models out.

depending on what you want to shoot..for still lifes alot of people use the sinar..the kodak is outdated technology although it is 16MP..there is a moire problem..i would recommend phase one. the P25 works fine..or if you are on a limited budget the p20 is good but it's square format...also one thing to note..the p25 and p45 CCD chip is almost the size of a 645 frame..so on your RZ it would be cropped to 645..not 6x7...

CaptureOne Pro is really easy to use and very popular as well. check and see if your RB works with the digital back...

just wanna check out...i am now considering a mamiya 645 pro or 645 super.... are there any available backs for these...????

If you did your research there are a couple of backs out there for your system.

Phase One, leaf, Sinar,........

if i am not wrong,...phase 1's website shows only those for the 645 af-d......

Yes but you need to get an adaptor from Mamiya to fit the Hassalblad back onto the Mamiya 6x7s.

I'm not sure if you're refering to the adaptor to fit the phase 1 onto the RB67. My came with the phase 1

Not sure if you get the adaptor from Phase One or from Mamiya. But I'm sure you can get the adaptor for most medium format cameras.

I got mine from phase one. When I bought it they ask me which cam's adapter I want. The adaptor have to come from phase one as it is diff from the RB's adaptor.

I was offered a Kodak DSC645 Pro..a digital back that can be used with Mamiya RB, complete with adapter. Its 6 million pixel producing 18mb of picture file. I beleive this was one of the oldest digital back technology and one of the first that Kodak came out with. I am not sure if anyone of you heard about it before and if you do, can someone advise if I should go for it. Priced at USD700 with shipping, ofcoz 2nd hand item.:eek:

Azhar said:
I was offered a Kodak DSC645 Pro..a digital back that can be used with Mamiya RB, complete with adapter. Its 6 million pixel producing 18mb of picture file. I beleive this was one of the oldest digital back technology and one of the first that Kodak came out with. I am not sure if anyone of you heard about it before and if you do, can someone advise if I should go for it. Priced at USD700 with shipping, ofcoz 2nd hand item.:eek:

woah! that is a pretty good deal! if you already have a mamiya RB, then go for it! the set up is good for studio work.

beachbum said:
woah! that is a pretty good deal! if you already have a mamiya RB, then go for it! the set up is good for studio work.

Agreed that this is a workhourse for studio work but as you're buying it online from overseas, please be careful.

Status
Not open for further replies.