Digital B/W printing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lennier

Feb 26, 2002
simpleshooter.clubsnap.org
I really doubt there are any, but does anyone know a lab that can print digital scans onto b/w paper?

Originally posted by Lennier
I really doubt there are any, but does anyone know a lab that can print digital scans onto b/w paper?

Not that I've heard of. The only way is probably to get those piezographic B&W inks for your inkjet and do it yourself. Or print from the original film.

Regards
CK

I'm wondering if the picture was to be done in shades of gray and B/W .. wouldnt a Laser printer do a better job? Have anyone tried it before?

What I've done is to convert to grayscale and adjust levels, then simply send to Fuji or Standard. It comes out quite nicely. I suspect they do the B&W's separately, because I had one sepia-toned picture which was printed as B&W.

I've tried Standard's digital print with b&w, there was a color cast to it. Perhaps becoz I did not use greyscale, left the file in RGB.

Originally posted by Lennier
I've tried Standard's digital print with b&w, there was a color cast to it. Perhaps becoz I did not use greyscale, left the file in RGB.

There probably won't be a lot of difference. The problem is that the colour papers and chemicals used by colour labs cannot print pure B&W properly, so there's invariably a colour cast. Same happens if you try to print B&W film onto the same papers.

Regards
CK

laser printer for B & W?? sounds like a great idea.....

Status
Not open for further replies.