digicams n dryboxes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pai

Nov 24, 2004
Lala Land
www.flickr.com
recently saw an ad in the papers for a compact digicam, package included a drybox...

just curious, this kind of camera (canon a400 i think?) also need drybox meh? i thought it's more for slrs since their bodies can be opened up and are more exposed to moisture and fungus...

for normal con/prosumer cameras, does it help?

Drybox are meant for ANYTHING (yes even your cookies if you like).. :bsmilie:

Actually its better to leave the camera (even p&s) in a drybox/cabinet when not in use for a long time esp because of S'pore weather... ;)

pai said:
recently saw an ad in the papers for a compact digicam, package included a drybox...

just curious, this kind of camera (canon a400 i think?) also need drybox meh? i thought it's more for slrs since their bodies can be opened up and are more exposed to moisture and fungus...

for normal con/prosumer cameras, does it help?

Try to put your A400 underwater for even a split second and see if water will not get in. Even a point and shoot camera is not immune to mosture getting inside the camera and starts to cultivate fugus growth..etc. The dry box is not a 100% fix-it solution but at least when you are not using it, your camera is kept sealed away from moisture in the atmosphere plus the fact that the silicon beads you place in the box will also absorb moisture that is on or in your camera. It goes to keep your camera in a longer optimum condition then when you don't it in a dry box at all.

satan_18349 said:
For cam..the ideal level will around 45+-.. ;)

I have a analog dry cabinet...at least 5 yrs old...the meter shows about 70% humidity even when on. Do you think it is already spoilt. I usually put in those HIPPO box inside to bring the reading down to abt 60%+

tks

It keeps the lens safe but will it have bad effects on the electronics? :dunno:

silverbeem said:
I have a analog dry cabinet...at least 5 yrs old...the meter shows about 70% humidity even when on. Do you think it is already spoilt. I usually put in those HIPPO box inside to bring the reading down to abt 60%+

tks

Hmmm...check the dial setting first and the sealing part....

T.A. said:
It keeps the lens safe but will it have bad effects on the electronics? :dunno:

electronics.. drier better.

Status
Not open for further replies.