DigiCAm thru Airport X-ray machine ???


Status
Not open for further replies.
#2
I travel to Singapore "quite" often and at the customs at the causeway, there's an x-ray machine to scan through bags. I suppose tht it is the same machine they use at the airport.
It's safe no prblem. There's even a sticker saying tht it's safe for photography equipments. I don' t think u have to worry, my cam have pass through the machine numberous of times and still surviving and working properly :p
 

BlueAngel

New Member
Jan 22, 2002
122
0
0
Singapore
Visit site
#3
Originally posted by roon2c
I travel to Singapore "quite" often and at the customs at the causeway, there's an x-ray machine to scan through bags. I suppose tht it is the same machine they use at the airport.
It's safe no prblem. There's even a sticker saying tht it's safe for photography equipments. I don' t think u have to worry, my cam have pass through the machine numberous of times and still surviving and working properly :p
yeah i mean it says it is safe for 'photographic films'....

but what about digital cameras ??? The electronics in it should be quite sensivite right ?
 

Larry

Senior Member
Apr 25, 2002
5,499
0
0
44
singapore
www.larryloh.com
#4
Originally posted by BlueAngel
but what about digital cameras ??? The electronics in it should be quite sensivite right ?
sensitive, yes, but there's nothing to suggest that x-rays will fry the circuits of your digicam. i think you're thinking of EMP (electro-magnetic pulse) rays, which would fry anything but that's only in a nuclear blast. :D

if you're worried, just make sure your camera is switched off before it goes thru the machine. if you're really paranoid, take out the batteries. ;)
 

mervlam

Senior Member
Apr 26, 2002
2,279
0
0
Visit site
#5
Originally posted by Larry
sensitive, yes, but there's nothing to suggest that x-rays will fry the circuits of your digicam. i think you're thinking of EMP (electro-magnetic pulse) rays, which would fry anything but that's only in a nuclear blast. :D

if you're worried, just make sure your camera is switched off before it goes thru the machine. if you're really paranoid, take out the batteries. ;)
there are no EMP waves lah... if there's any, you will find that your handphone, pager, PDA, however mobile electronics, etc.... will go kaput once you go near the X-ray machine. :D :devil: X-ray does not affect electronic devices.

X-rays affects film by "fogging", there is the film is exposed to x-ray, causing a chemical reaction in the emulsion. but the doses of x-ray is small enough for normal consumer film to pass through. worry not! ;)
 

#6
Originally posted by BlueAngel

yeah i mean it says it is safe for 'photographic films'....

but what about digital cameras ??? The electronics in it should be quite sensivite right ?
Err............. i think u missed out the whole point... I'm using a digital camera, I'm not using a film based camera....... :p

Anyway, like previously posted by larry and mervlam, X-rays dun make ur dcams or ur computer gadgets go hairwire.....

And if u r even more panaroid.... try taking our ur Microdrive or CF card in it...... ;)
 

Status
Not open for further replies.